link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> This may sound like bragging... | Priester Photography

This may sound like bragging...

but I don't mean it to. Just bear with me...

Something happens to me when I start shooting a session. My brain goes into overdrive and I feel like I'm trying to think of 10,000 things at once. Yes, 10,000, and I usually get this little panic that starts to rise in my chest (just briefly) at some point during the session.

It's not a big panic. It's barely noticeable, but it's definitely there...just a little nagging sensation that tells me I'm not getting the shots I want. That something dreadful is going to happen when I load the images to my computer...they'll be AWFUL. Sometimes I ignore the panic and sometimes I stop, take a deep breath, re-evaluate the situation, and focus on the subject instead of the lights/camera/pose.

Why am I telling you this? Because I felt this panic several times during this weeks family session. I pushed it out of my mind and tried to focus.

It must have worked (here comes the possible bragging).

Because I came away with this...
And this...

And OH MY, this...
Three things about the above shots...

1. Is that not one beautiful momma? Not to mention a gawgeous baby. I really hope I can make my clients see how beautiful they really are to everyone else.

2. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to try harder to get some good shots with mom and baby instead of always dad with baby. This is proof that I'm working on that plan.

3. These shots make me feel all jell0-y inside. Maybe because I have children and these represent that motherly love. Maybe because I'm proud of being able to capture what I did and feel confident that they're good, solid images. Maybe because black and white images move me. Maybe because I have PMS.

For whatever reason, it makes me happy.
B

3 comments:

elaine said...

who has babies that sleep that much?!

B said...

This baby did great, but the shoot still lasted 3 hours. With all the moving and posing they wake up quite often so we shoot, feed, burp, shoot, cuddle, feed, burp, cuddle, shoot. Do you see the pattern?

B

WSMIL said...

These might be some of your best. What a beautiful mother & child. This would make a great story board. Something I would hang and I don't even know them. Apparently panic attacks are a good thing! Who knew?

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .