link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Come on a journey with me... | Priester Photography

Come on a journey with me...

as we discuss this series of school photos of "yours truly".



Why?



Because I found them in an album arranged in chronological order (I apparently used to have a lot of time on my hands). Because I have no new client photos to post until tomorrow evening. Because we can learn several, life-altering things from them. And because, well, because they're hilarious! I have no shame.



Before we get started I would like you to take note that in every single shot to follow I am looking to the left. Not AT the camera, but to the LEFT of the camera. Obviously this is because I was told to. Why? Am I missing something as a photographer? Should I be having my clients look off to the left? I'm confused.



Lesson #1 If your photographer tells you to look to the left in every single shot, get a new photographer. Immediately.



Let us begin...



Kindergarten...Awwwwwww.

I love this little outfit and I'm cute...even with the scratches on my face.



First Grade...How cute!



What a sweet little lopsided smile and I'm totally diggin' the belt with this shirt!


Second Grade...Well....

My hair is very...white? This was my absolute favorite dress. It twirled really wide when I spun around in it. I think I still have it.



I'm serious.

Third Grade...I have the picture in the class photo but can't find the wallet. You aren't missing anything. Actually, you wouldn't be missing anything if you stopped reading right now.

Fourth Grade...Okay...


All I have to say about this is...gawky stage, we all have them. Don't we? Please say we all have them!


Fifth Grade...Hmmmm....
I have a rather large forehead it seems. And about the sweater...why? Just, why?


Sixth Grade...Oh. My....
Teeth AND a turtleneck!? AND bad hair? Oh.


Seventh Grade...There is no record of a seventh grade picture. It must have been "that bad".

Eighth Grade...Ack!...
Where do I start? On the back of this picture it actually says, "Brandi Long 6th Grade New Perm". Is that not OBVIOUS? And this looks like my mothers gold shirt. At least the teeth are under control now.

Lesson #2 Never. Under any circumstances wear your mother's clothing. Even if you think she's a very stylish mom. Even if you have "nothing to wear". Just don't. Especially if it's picture day.

Ninth Grade...For the love of humanity! HELP!...
The hair! Oh me. The black eyes. I can't take it! At least the sweater isn't horrible. Right?

Tenth Grade...Groan...sigh...
Purple ruffles? Really? Purple? The hair seems to be toning down though and LOOK! straight teeth!

Thank you mom and dad.



Eleventh Grade...As much as I hate to say it, this is looking a little more like me.
Well...a younger, skinnier, frizzy-headed, hippy me. But more me than the previous attempts.

Twelfth Grade...Wait...WHAT!!!
Go back! Go back!

Kindergarten, first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh...

Yes, this is twelfth grade.
Um. Can we go back to the Kindergarten shot?
What happened? I feel dizzy.

Lesson #3 Don't let your daughters have their senior pictures taken. Ever. I know what I'm talking about.

I was actually already engaged in these senior pictures. We celebrate our 14th anniversary in March and no one thought we would last past the first year.

Lesson #4 Don't let the odds fool you.

and

Lesson #5 If you have children, don't look at your high school memorabilia. It will just make you paranoid and suspicious.

I'm sorry if I've scarred you for life with these images but it had to be done.

And don't you feel as if you can walk away from this post a more educated person? More educated about what, I'm not sure, but just more educated?

I thought so.
B

7 comments:

Lunsford said...

I think I walk away feeling fortunate that my parents got a divorce and all of my childhood pictures are now gone. For I know that mine all in a row like that would be even worse. Can you say 1970's. My sister dressed me for my early grade school pictures and she thought she was very stylish and I had no choice but to put on the clothes and go to school. The other problem with any picture of me is I am incapable of smiling, especially in my very young pictures. I remember sitting there and the photographer said smile, usualy after about three or four attempts to get something more attractive on my face they would just take the picture and the results were horifick. Then I started living with my mom and she just did not care I have seen a couple pictures from those years and I just can't beleive she or I knew it was picture day. Thanks for sharing, yours are very cute. I see a lot of you in your girls.

Anonymous said...

I can see London in your kindergartern pic and Summer in your Fourth grade pic. I don't know what to tell you about your 8th grade one though. And yes. We all have those pictures. I'll get one of Mom's pics out for you if it'll make you feel any better. I'm pretty sure she has a mullet in one of them. I plead the fifth for myself.

Hey. Nobody can say anything against you as a senior. You looked hot. I think the camera lens started smoking. Really, though. They were good. I like the first one best.

What is it with growing up? The little kid pictures are just cute, even though they are always completely nerdy or embarassing. The preteen and early teen pics are disturbing, the time when you need the most confidence. Then it finally gets better and they're halfway decent come high school. Ugh. I guess it's just further proof that life isn't fair.

Ok. I'll get off my soap box now. Tata.

E Guru said...

Cute kid turns to gawky kid turns to teenager turns to harlot! Midriff exposer!!! Belly Flasher!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have you lost your mind? Nobody likes their childhood photos from school. Much like the picture on your drivers license.My hats off to you. You have become a hot chick. beauty with age.

WSMIL said...

You have opened a can of worms. I agree and disagree with all the above. Just like me isn’t it! Yes you look better in your grad pics than the others don’t we all (ok not all but most of us). But look closer at that pic and you will see the same thing you saw the other day in that baby’s eyes-nothing! The best pics of you the absolute best are the ones you have posted recently. The wisdom & experience make for a much more beautiful woman! And I can prove this: If anonymous one is who I think it is get your mom’s wedding pics not her school pics. Proof that beautiful women make mistakes! And that woman is more beautiful today with her gray hair and her crinkles! And she still gets carded and while you may not you are more beautiful now, today than at any other time in your life. Oh what I would give to go back to my early 30’s but that’s gone and I’m just hoping they are right when they say 40 is the new 30! I’ll let you know or maybe not they could be wrong. See a can of worms!

GWLS said...

You were such a cute kid! That first pic looked so much like London. I see were the kids get their cuteness. It is def. not from Matt, lol! My mom would kill me if I dressed like your 12th grade pic, lol. In high school my mom had these gigantic glasses, I mean they took over her whole face. Her wedding pics were worse! My dad had a blonde curly mulet and my moms hair was like a monster taking over her head.

WSMIL said...

Obviously I was wrong about anonymous #1 being GWLS. Because the wedding pics of her parents were exactly what I was using to make my point. None of us used to look good no matter what we thought at the time and obviously at the time we thought we were hot. SO WRONG! And no matter how much you and Matthew smack down on each other obviously I have to defend the Priester name GWLS and say it wasn't all from the Long family they got their cuteness. It's getting the blend right, remember that when you start dressing like B's grad pics and looking for guys:) No wait we aren't ever going to let that happen!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .