link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Motherhood... | Priester Photography

Motherhood...

The kids have Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease...it causes blister-like sores on the bottoms of your feet, the palms of your hands and the inside of your mouth. Icka. London is suffering the worst from it.

I just now laid him down after rocking him to sleep for an hour. Yes, he's seven. I told you, he's not dealing with this sickness well. It's apparently very painful and he can barely open his mouth. He's hungry and can't eat. So like any good mother, I drugged him up, gave him lots of water, and rocked his crying self to sleep while singing John Denver's "Country Roads". Yes, I sing to my kids. And apparently I've used my limit of 40 hours of listen time on Pandora radio so I had no choice but to sing. Too bad for London.

The above process reminded me of how I used to rock him and hold him when he was a baby...soooo long ago. I wanted to grab a picture of me and him as a baby to post with this "motherhood" post.

There are none. Why? Because I'm the photographer. There are never pictures of the photographer/mother with her children when they are little because she's always the one taking the pictures. There should be a law against it.

Someone draft a letter to Congress.

I did find this in my search...
Me and my sister sharing a sucker while I was in labor with London. Yes, I'm in labor here. I won't bore you with the details, but I played cards and snuck pizza right up until delivery with all three of my children. I was born to birth. I just wasn't born to cope with children. The irony.

And this is what Matt does while I'm in labor...

Since we're on child number three he's thinking, "Oh, she's got this. Three pushes and this baby's in the bag." He was right. Though I think it was only two pushes.
This is right after he was born. Although I have no pictures of ME holding MY child, I do have pictures of ME holding my CAMERA. Close enough.
Oh. Here we go. Later in the day. I finally get a shot of me with my munchkin...
I must be checking the durability of his facial structure realizing that he's going home with two girls aged 2, and 4...and one of them is already armed with objects to hurtle at him.
He's fared well so far. Now if we can just get through the present disease crisis.
B

3 comments:

Lunsford said...

I hate the part of being a mom where they are sick and there is nothing you can really do but hold them. When James was little he had thrush in his mouth and he could not eat, but he was hungry and everything we tried he would just cry and lay his head down. Finaly a doctor told me to try watermellon, amazingly he ate and ate and ate and then slept for the first time in days. Any way we have all been there, hang tight it can't last forever.

WSMIL said...

Ditto to hating them suffering! But quit your whining I have pics of you with baby boy. I'd post them if I was that clever but I'm not so copies for you will have to suffice.

M-a-licious said...

Poor kids. I hadn't heard of that disease until a couple weeks ago when I stayed with Bree. It seems painful. I hope they get better soon for both their and your sake. Too bad they all got it at the same time.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .