link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Another first for a photo session... | Priester Photography

Another first for a photo session...

This time it didn't involve curious, chair eating horses (see previous post), but it involved a severe thunderstorm...

This cute little couple was at the studio for their engagement session Wednesday night. We had just started getting into the shoot when it started storming like crazy.

Since the kids were in the house by themselves I decided to ask my super-cooperative clients if they would mind going in the house with me to wait out the storm. (Yeah, that's it, I was worried about the kids being afraid...it had nothing to do with the fact that I'm storm-a-phobic).

The super-cooperative clients (SCC's) and I went in the house and watched Little Rascals with the kids for about 15 minutes till the storm let up a bit...or so I thought.

We had just gotten back out to the studio and taken about 5 more shots, when.....KABLOOEY! No power. Yep. No juice. No voltage. No energy. Nothing.

sigh.

We're rescheduling.

This is one of the shots I managed before the power outage. It's not for everyone, but I LOVE it! The look on her face makes it. I'm not sure if I like the black and white better or the urban look, but I definitely LOVE it.

The positive side of this story is that I get a second chance. :) So if you've got any tips or suggestions for next time feel free to give me a holla.

And for all of you traditionalists out there...don't worry...I got regular, plain old head shots too.
B

3 comments:

GWLS said...

LOVE the pose! I like the urban look better. A lot of pics today seem to be black and white, but this is really unique(your fav word)and cool.

Lunsford said...

I usually am a big fan of black and white, but I must agree with our sneeky little fiend, I think that the color adds something to the overeall effect of the picture. It is a great shot. Just imagine what you can do with power and without the distraction of a storm.

WSMIL said...

DISTRACTION? That must be an understatement! But then again you have probably never seen B in a storm. Ask her about the night in the bathrooms at the campground! Which is why I'm going to make my next observation, and I can't believe I'm about to say this because I've never said this about any of B's work before. I'm not even sure I can choke the words out, I don't like either one. Oh no! Can't believe I said that. You were definitely right when you said it's not for everyone. But it does go to prove my point that you are a true artist. This picture will polarize people and only true art does that.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .