link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> It's all about stopping to enjoy the sunsets... | Priester Photography

It's all about stopping to enjoy the sunsets...

So this is what? My third, fourth, fifth post about sunsets?

What's your point?

I like them.

They're elusive. You may not think so, but try getting exposure right, the horizon level, and focused all while your hanging precariously out of your second story window (which doesn't have a screen because nothing ever gets done at your house despite the fact that you married an experienced carpenter).

If the above is how you've taken a sunset picture, you too realize how elusive they are. Time is not on your side at this junction. As I snap maniacally away the sun just keeps slipping further behind the hill. Taunting me. Daring me to lean a little further out the window to get the shot I want before it disappears.

Sounds a lot like time. Constantly slipping away. Elusive. Making me maniacal.


These shots were all taken on the same night within five minutes of each other yet they're so different. It looks as if they were shot on different nights. It's so intriguing!

If you hear that I've died from blunt force trauma to the head due to a fall from a window... you'll know what happened.
B

4 comments:

Lunsford said...

Love them, they were deffinately worth risking life and limb for. I love sunset's and sunrises. They really are the best by the ocean but beuty is beuty no matter if you are sitting on a blanket at the beach or hanging out of a second story window defying gravity to pull you painfully out the window.

WSMIL said...

Ditto to Lunsford! And you should be aware that whatever your husband does for a living means that you will never get him to do it at home. My cousins husband was a painter and the way her front door got painted was after she told him she hired someone to do it. So from here on not only will you not get any carpenter work done you won't get any satellite work done either. Hire a professional! Or bribe your FNL, will work for beer:)

Lunsford said...

Here is my super sectet wife ploy to get things done. Whenever I feel like it has been long enough and the project really needs to get done I simply start doing it myself, badly. This may not work with every husband but mine is a perfectionist and the thought of letting it be done badly is not something he can live with. So he jumps in and takes over and does it right. One warning you can not get upset when he thinks you are not doing it well, remember you are getting what you wanted with out a fight, no nagging, no bribeing.

WSMIL said...

Gary says it's being meticulous not a perfectionist. Somehow this is supposed to make it sound better. I've discovered that you have to make the suggestion and when he says no just wait. I promise within a day or two he has figured out a way to do what he originally said wasn't possible. But now thanks to you I have a plan B if plan A fails. Thanks! This blog thing is not only fun but it comes with helpful hints.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .