link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> More Johnson Family fun and an update on my British ATM machine friend... | Priester Photography

More Johnson Family fun and an update on my British ATM machine friend...

Johnson family first.

Boys...behave!

Thank you.

Look at this handsome young man!  So cooperative and willing to be photographed...Wacey could learn a thing or two from him.

I brought out the texture again.  I think I dig it.  Yep.  I'm pretty sure I dig it.

What a fun, easy-going family!  I love it!  Hopefully we'll see Wyatt back next year for HIS senior session.

I've decided to ditch the slideshow idea from now on.  I'm not sure anyone watches them or even likes them and they take a bit of time to put together.  You can still find the proofs from all of the sessions here though.  This one will be under "Johnson Family".

Now about my British ATM friend.  I did another quick internet search and found this interesting article.  There are now ATM machines set up around London (since August) that address the user in Cockney in hopes of keeping the dialect alive in Britian.  So the machine says it's "reading your bladder of lard" instead of examining your card and "enter your huckleberry finn" means to enter your pin.

Then I found this awesome video of my man, Hugh Laurie, in an interview with Ellen using his wonderfully natural British voice discussing different British and American phrases.

But I still haven't found out if there's a marketable reason why I'm greeted by a woman speaking with a British accent instead of a man speaking with a hillbilly accent.  That might go over a spot better in these here parts.

Chip, chip cheerio!
B

6 comments:

WSMIL said...

These are really good, it is nice to see a family like each other that much.

I don't know if Mom will post but she says she has been in London and that accent isn't comforting they are just nuts. But then again I think Hugh Laurie proves that, which is another reason I find him so attractive:)

PS: I don't think we need a hilly billy accent with our ATM's to keep the language alive unlike Cockney it is flourishing. But when all else fails to make me smile I just run back in my head L's "Hilly Billy golfing" what a hoot!

Bell Lee Button said...

I don't think you should stop the slideshows! I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!! It cheers me up instantly! Haha. Someday when i grow up i am going to be an ATM speaker and get the british out of me just for you! Then i will say Chip Chip Cheerio everytime you stop by! Haha

Bell Lee Button said...

BTW the Pics are amazing! Once again they seem like such a ah-dorable family!

Anonymous said...

yeah i will weigh in..I am a child who resisted the beetles (yeah that old) there were other britishers I liked better. I never desired(that I know of) to go just wasn't something I thought about...then we get to go and speak the same language and don't understand...and there is lot's of hostility underlying the everyday folk...but they are living in little "flats" that resemble gerbil trails so that could define some of the hostility..but the average brit's supossed to teach us the proper way but w/out mary poppin's spoon of sugar...you can teach w/out having your nose in the air "yank" as we were called. Glad I was among friends..the pics are great but I agree with lunsford I don't want talking machine no matter what accent they have.sorry for ranting.....

WSMIL said...

Way to go knew you could do it! And know that you really controlled yourself with the rant. It is hard to put today's Brit and the Brit of old that we love to watch together sometimes. I'm sure the same is true of us so called Hill Billy:)

M-a-licious said...

The news piece on the Cockney ATMs is hilarious and I have no clue what it means.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .