link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Drift Away... | Priester Photography

Drift Away...

You know the song.  By the Doobie Brothers (and lots of other people)...

♫ Give me the beat boys ♪♫
♫♪ and free my soul ♪
♪ I wanna get lost in the rock and roll ♫♪
♫ and drift away ♪♫

It came on the radio while I was in the car.  It occurred to me while I was singing along that this is how I used to sing it (and sometimes still do):

♫♪ Give me the Beach Boys ♪
♪ and free my soul ♫

That still makes sense at least.

Further along in the song it goes,

♫ thanks for the joy that you've given me ♫
♪ I want you to know I believe in your song ♪
♫ rythm and rhyme and harmony ♫
♪ has helped me along ♪
♫ and making me strong ♫
(Chorus)

I sang (sing) it like this:

♫ thanks for the joy that you've given me ♫
♪ I want you to know I believe in your song ♪
♫ lemon and lime and harmony ♫

Not making so much sense on that one, though I guess lemons and limes are sort of harmonious being that they're both fruit and they're both somewhat sour.

Right?

The fact that I caught myself singing (loudly) to this song using the wrong words even though I knew the real ones made me laugh a little to myself.

Now you can laugh a little to yourself at my expense.

Also...I just learned how to do this ♫ and this ♪.  I am so cool.
B

Baby pictures next...

9 comments:

Bell Lee Button said...

Haha. That is hilarious! I have done the same thing. I can't remember what song it was though. I twisted it like crazy though! Hehe. Don't you just crack yourself up sometimes? I Do. LOL.

WSMIL said...

A friend of mine used to sing the CCR song "Bad Moon Rising" instead of there is a bad moon rising he sang there is a bathroom on the right:)

Sometimes we sing better lyrics and sometimes we don't it is what makes life go around:) Thank you for continuing to put yourself out there!

M-a-licious said...

That's funny because I used to sing "Give me the people and free my soul." Then I was corrected, thanks to my loving parents. Later on there was a girl at school that was singing it the same way as I had. I thought that was hilarious and strange.

Bookworm said...

Wow, B. I used to sing the beach boys too! Ironic! Haha.

P.S. Miss me WSMIL? ;)

WSMIL said...

I just thought of one, and yes that does mean I've ruminated on this all day, and no I don't want to hear about how sad that is! There used to be a song (a long, long time ago) called "You Picked a Fine Time to Leave me Lucille" the line goes: you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille with four hungry children and a crop in the field. However, my small child mind sang it: you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille with four hundred children and a crop in the field:) Needless to say I ALWAYS knew why Lucille left him, but as a kid I wondered why she didn't leave before they got to a hundred why wait til it reached four hundred? And with four hundred kids what trouble was there bringing in a crop? Yes, these are the things that I used to cogitate on as a youth, and yes that is why I am what I am today.

Anonymous said...

and i thought you sang it "400 children dropped in the field"..the mind---cruel funny and when you think you have it right---reality hits..thanks for the smiles...

Bell Lee Button said...

You all are hilarious! I remember something that happened to my mom. There was a song like something about tieing your apron strings. Instead she said something llike tie your brown rings. It may not have been exactly like that. But, at the moment it was hilarious!

M-a-licious said...

I have a story. It's not exactly a tale of messing up the words of a song than it is a tale of mixing up its message and miscommunication.
Mom and I were in the car and the song "Sister Christian" came on. I say, "Did you know that song was about his real sister?"
Mom: "No, I didn't."
Silence.
Mom: "I don't get it. How is it about Israel's siter?"
Me: "What?! I said 'his real sister."
She was trying to figure out in her head the connection between Israel and something about the Jews.
I busted a gut I was laughing so hard.

WSMIL said...

This was a great way to start the morning with a good chuckle. Did B really know what she was going to start with just lyrics?

I wasn't going to but after your story I just must (sorry mom). Mom used to think the Eagles song "Take it Easy" was dirty. I will not say why but just the concept that it could be gives me the giggles.

PS: bookworm, yes!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .