link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Meet the Johnson's... | Priester Photography

Meet the Johnson's...

You might remember Wacey from his senior session.  How could you forget a face like that?

This is the Johnson's family session from August of 2008.

I've become a wee bit better at posing families since then (the daughter lives in Nevada so we didn't get her in the studio this time).

We took a few shots of Wyatt...

I also think the boys look a wee bit different from their 2008 session...more like men.  Our little boys are growing up.  Sniff, sniff.  Losing the braces helped them on their trek to looking more manly.
Well, maybe Wyatt is growing up.  I'm not too sure about Wacey.

He may still have some work to do in this area.

Is this not what every mother of a teenage boy wants to do?

Okay, calm down...we got some serious mother/son shots too.  How cute!

I'm hoping to finish up this session tomorrow, with plenty more coming after that.

Can I digress for a bit?

Thank you.

I love British humor.  I find that most of the books that I call my favorites end up being by British authors.  I often find myself speaking with a British accent in my head while thinking or sometimes when I'm reading (scary, but you know I have to be honest with you).

Now that you know this about me, imagine my delight when upon using the ATM machine in town (in rural Missouri) I was greeted by a woman's voice that had a British accent.

I was instantly happier.  I sat up in my seat straighter, smiled at the ATM machine, and said, "Well, hello to YOU!"  After I talked to the machine a little bit more and collected my money I was practically bursting with happiness and then as we we finished our transaction it said, "Thank you for baunking with us".  Not banking but baunking (with the "au" making the sound of the "o" in hot).  I giggled and did my best "Your welcome", British style as I pulled away.

This raises a question...Why does my rural Missouri ATM voice have a British accent?  Are most people happier (as am I) upon hearing it?  Does it cause us to want to spend more money?  Is it supposed to sound more sophisticated, knowledgeable, or grand?

I did a quick internet search and only found others with the same question I have.  Although I did come across this cute blog post where someone talks about yelling back at the machine, "Chip Chip Cheerio!" as they pull away. Now when their two year old son sees the Bank of America sign he yells out "Chip Chip Cheerios!".

You'll be hearing me say that now.  Often.

So the mystery remains for now.  I'm not sure why we need a British voice talking to us while we gather money from a machine, but I like it.

Chip, chip cheerio!
B

5 comments:

Bell Lee Button said...

Aww! They look like such a cute family! I hate being back at school! Ugh!

Bookworm said...

Very cute fam. And B........get psychiatric help, please, for your sake and ours. Jk. :)
Luv ya!

WSMIL said...

I love the one of him hugging mom with his eyes closed. It might just be his first sincere pic:)

And please ignore the above advice to get psychiatric help! If you get help then we won't have posts like this one, priceless. Makes me laugh til I cry and always brings a smile to the day. So I don't need a British voice (all my fav TV is British or Canadian they are just as bad) to make my day better I just need you and your blog:)

Chip, Chip Cheerio!

Lunsford said...

ok, first I hate it when any machine talks to me, it creaps me out. Maybe I have seen too many of the movies where the computer takes over. Just because it has a pleasant british accent would not make me feel any less like I am getting my money from H.A.L.

Next I think we are meant to beleive that british people are smarter and more trustworthy. But I'm not so sure I beleive it I think that just because they sound smarter when they say stupid things it is no real sign of inteligence. Also because I am a sceptic I would naturally assume that if they are trying to have the voice on the machine make you feel like your money is safe that it probably isn't.

And last but not least, just one big awwwww for Wacey and his fam.

M-a-licious said...

I do the same thing! The British accent thing. After I've been watching Masterpiece Theartre or something, I end up unconsciously using a British accent. I pick accents up pretty easy. One time we were taking a Spanish brother up to the one day assembly and by the end of the day, I had to fight myself to keep from imitating his accent. I didn't want him to think I was making fun. Mom just laughs at me.

P.S. I heard from somewhere that a British accent is supposedly more relaxing.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .