link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Wondering if anyone else does this... | Priester Photography

Wondering if anyone else does this...

London and I were driving home last night after delivering the girls to a slumber party in a town about 2 hours away.

As I came through Fredericktown I caught myself doing something that I've always done and then began to wonder if any one else does it too.

I look at the houses, trees, stores, and roads as if they're houses, trees, stores and roads that I've never seen before.  Like Fredericktown is just another town that I'm driving through that I know nothing about.

We drive the same roads so often and see the same things so much that we forget to THINK about them.  You know how "they" say that you don't appreciate what's in your own backyard?  I guess that's what I'm talking about. 

So when I'm driving and thinking (I hope that's not hazardous) I try to look at the things I see everyday with a fresh perspective.

I try to admire it the way I admire other quaint, little towns that I drive through when I'm traveling.  I try to add a little mystery to it, though it seems quite the opposite since I see it every day.

Have you ever done this?

If not you should.  It's quite fun.

What does any of this have to do with this precious thing?

Nothing...except maybe that HE has a fresh perspective on things.

He's never walked the streets of our quaint little town.

He's just been sleeping in his momma's hands,

and crying in his daddy's.

Here's his slideshow.

The song is "Simple Gifts" by Jewel.

If you want to see the proofs without music you can go here and click "Gann Family".
B

4 comments:

Bell Lee Button said...

They are some lucky parents!! What a beautiful little chickadee! He is so beautiful! I know what party you were talking about B! My sister is at it! They live just down the road from us-literally. I hope they all had fun!

Lunsford said...

When we were kids we lived in a major tourist town. Dad would every once in a while get the idea it would be fun to go into town and play tourist. We would go into every shop and ask stupid questions of everyone. Wander around like we were lost...you get the idea. Somehow the part where we saw kids we went to school with sortof ruined the illusion for me, and then explaining what we were doing kindof took all of the fun out of it, although as I am reading it back to myself I think maybe I see why he thought it was fun.

WSMIL said...

Just when I think my parents were the coolest you let loose with another great story about your dad (Lunsford)! I love that idea, how totally creative and clever! Since I'm not I really appreciate those that are. And no B I don't drive through town looking at it like this:) And yes I do think it is probably dangerous for you to drive and think:)

And with the exception obviously of my gkids, I think this is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. And your pictures capture all of it! They totally ROCK!!! Loved the slide show since I couldn't find the pics on smugmug. But will keep looking because I want to see them all!

M-a-licious said...

Those are absolutely magnificent, if you can use the word magnificent for one so tiny. I like the one in his momma's hands.
And no, I think that you are probably one of the few people that do that. Though I think I have found some one that reminds me of the way you think. I have practically all the Far Side comic books and I was reading one where there was a lot of commentary from the cartoonist. Yes, I think you and Gary Larson have a lot of mental quirks in common. And that should be a compliment since he is a famous, callender-worthy cartoonist.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .