link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Wacey's Wrap Up... | Priester Photography

Wacey's Wrap Up...

I have to say that this shoot was one of my more difficult ones. This is no offense to Wacey because it wasn't difficult because of him. He was a wonderful, willing subject who made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants. Seriously.

But he's a boy.

A mostly grown boy.

It's been a while since I've had a session with a boy. They are MUCH harder to pose than a girl. A girl can usually pull of a masculine pose but a boy can NOT pull off a feminine pose. Trust me. Wacey and I tried it. It did not work.

For instance...I could pose a girl a hundred different ways on this beautiful lawn.
But a boy? I could not successfully pose him sitting in the grass without him looking ridiculous. So I made him stand.

It's really amazing to see the differences in male versus female play out in something as simple as a photography session. I mean, how much more masculine can you get than concrete steps? But we still struggled with getting him in a sitting position that wasn't too forced or too feminine.


I think we pulled it off.

Then, to up the masculine factor, I threw him in an abandoned semi trailer.

While he was wearing a pink shirt.
B
(Click the last picture to see his slideshow...sorry if you hate the song Wacey...and click here to see all of his proofs).

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

The rock wall shots & the semi shots are definite keepers! And no matter what our men say real men wear pink! If you want more practice with the male of the species I would be happy to send FNL over:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .