link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Sweet Vindication!!! | Priester Photography

Sweet Vindication!!!

I can't believe it.

I'm not sure how to express my happiness at this discovery.

I want to put on a tiara and dance around the living room to Right Said Fred's song "I'm Too Sexy".

Why?

If you read this post (click here) you would know that my husband says he has NEVER thought I was sexy. This has led to conversations too deep and lengthy to go into but suffice it to say that I've been pained by this revelation. Stabbed to the heart.

I want to be sexy...or at least want my HUSBAND to think I'm sexy.

It's my lucky day (except I don't believe in luck)...it's just my happy day!

While reading through some old yearbooks I came upon an autograph from the aforementioned husband. I don't remember him ever signing my book, but it's here...in black and white.

He wrote....and I quote,

"Brandi,
is a girl I love. She's a sexy girl that doesn't like any other boys but me! xxxxxxxxxxxo
and always love,
Matt"

Aha! He DID think I was sexy!

As much as this is a vindicating moment for me it's also a sobering moment. If you'll notice in that previous post I commented on how it was worrisome that I described my boyfriend as "sexy" and I was only sixteen. Well, the lovely little autograph above was written when Matt and I were only 13.

Thirteen!!!!

Mercede is eleven.

I can't think about this now...I'll think about it tomorrow.

Right now I'm going to go think about how I'm going to gloat about this interesting find when Matt gets home.

We'll see who's sexy now.
B

4 comments:

WSMIL said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again neither one of you were sexy in your teens! Only the absolute hottest of hot were ever sexy in their teens. Sexy (to me) is not about the way a person looks but rather who a person is. And teens aren't people they are teens with no concept of who or what they are. Now a grown man who knows who he is and what he wants...WOW! This is why my mantra has always been I've never seen a sexy man under 35! (although there were those years between 30-35 that Matthew McConaughey was smoking) You both are much sexier now even if neither one of you sees it. I've exposed way too much of myself here.

And as for thinking about Mercede tomorrow I'm sorry but that is NOT an option:) I know your life is busy but don't wait let's all jump on this bandwagon! Because remember (sorry to do this to you) every generation starts stuff sooner. 10 is the new 13 sorry:( So as Scarlet once said "I'll think about it tomorrow. But I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? What is there that matters? Tara! Home. I'll go home." Yes exposed way too much of myself, maybe I should make this anonymous!

WSMIL said...

PS: This proves it must be true love because I went back and looked at you school picture from 13:) I'm glad that you have been vindicated! I'm sorry I forgot to mention that the first time.

B said...

Thanks...I think.
B

Lunsford said...

I may have to stop reading this, it is just too scary! As you know my kids are not far from 13 either. I'm with you B I don't even want to think about it.

And I know how great those little moments of vindication are, anyone who says that they are above dancing around the living room because they were right is just a liar.

And last but not least I am very sure that no one thought I was sexy when I was 13. I din't meet Freddy until I was 19 and I'm pretty sure he is the only one who ever thought that. So enjoy the moment, relish it, dance around the living room.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .