link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Location #2 | Priester Photography

Location #2

I think these pictures qualify as "different". I'm not saying that no other photographer has ever had a shoot with red balloons, a vintage umbrella and a semi truck, but it was definitely different for me.

And I loved it.

It was so refreshing and liberating to shoot without expectations...except those of my own.

I don't think I can express my love for each of these shots individually because I will sound horribly, dreadfully smug, or full of myself, so I'll (for once) let the pictures do the talking as much as I can.

Not ALL the talking...just as much as I can.




Yes, I meant for the telephone pole to be in this shot. I liked the lines that almost make an arrow pointing up. Combining that with the pull of the balloons makes it seem as if she needs to be lifted right up out of the top of the picture. I waited for clouds too, and look at the cute little fluffy ones I got. Love it.




This shot wasn't posed. She was being natural waiting for me to tell her what to do, and I love that she's just peeking over the top of the balloon.
Going for a painterly look here...again with the texture. I think I dig it.

Oh. Wow. Can't help bragging. This one captivates me. It's going on my wall.

And ditto...times a thousand. I have no words for this one. I'm sucked into it...that's all I can say...riveted by it...and I can't explain why.

I would like to say that I stood on top of my van to take this shot after I realized that my little, antique, red ladder wasn't going to make the cut.

In my excitement and haste to get to our next shooting location I went off and left my poor, antique, little red ladder sitting abandoned in the middle of this parking lot. All alone. With no one to care for it.

I'm sorry little red ladder. I truly am.

I tried to come back for you but, alas! you were gone. I hope your new owners love you as much but care for you better than I.

I will think of you often and the good times we had.

Location #3 coming soon to a blog near you.
B

9 comments:

Lunsford said...

First, I can't imagine a bad photo of those three, their lovliness comes across in every shot. I have to say though my very fav is the one with only their shadows, and it is really the shadow of the baloons that does it for me, that red light in the shadow just is amazing. And as always, I love the clouds.

WSMIL said...

For me it's the attitude! And wow do these girls know how to show attitude. Granted if they were giving it to me they would be in trouble but in photos it is great! And I'm sorry about the ladder but I'm sure it went to a good home.

Lunsford said...

I think B is looking at the forgotten lader from the wrong perspective. Just imagine the glee of the person who found a perfectly good ladder in a parking lot. I have seen my father giddy all afternoon after finding a plastic comb or a screwdriver, I can not imagine what he would do if he found a whole ladder. Someone had a very good day, right now they are telling their amazed friends about the ladder they found.

WSMIL said...

Oh you are so right! Married to a carpenter I should have seen that angle. Giddy is such the perfect word! They act like little kids! But it just makes them that much more attractive.

GWLS said...

I love the shadow ones, they turned out great! I aslo really like the 6th and 7th pics of ash. LOL I am pretty good with attitude, just ask my rents. Can't wait to see the next location!

Anonymous said...

everyone get back on the ladder and come down again...xplain some of the new terms...iae "rents"??? not to pay monthly for
an abode???

WSMIL said...

I agree with this one! I try to keep up but that one blew past me Mar I'm assuming you mean your parents. But help us old people out and explain!

B said...

P-a-r-e-n-t-s...shortened to r-e-n-t-s.

WSMIL said...

Wow now I'm sure I'm old I would have never figured that out! Thank you:) I'm glad someone over 30 can speak their language!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .