link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> My "A" game... | Priester Photography

My "A" game...

I brought it with me on this shoot.

Despite various obstacles we managed to have a great time.

Actually, I can't speak for the family, but I personally had a great time.

"Obstacles" you say?  What kind of "obstacles"?

It was 37 degrees.  And windy.

Now you know how I love the wind in my pictures...I was happy about it, but these guys weren't too fond of 37 degree wind blowing on their coat-less bodies.

My battery pack decided to quit working.  Of course.  The remedy?  I pulled my car into the field, ran an extension cord through the window and plugged it into the converter that the Kemp family so graciously allowed me to use. 

In theory this would have worked marvelously.  The problem?  The converter couldn't handle the watts/volts/power (I'm no electrician) that my lights put out.  The resulting remedy?  I put the shivering family where I needed them, stood on my stool, took a picture, and then jumped/tripped/fell off the stool, and ran back to the car to flip the switch so my light would work for the next shot....then repeat.

After a few shots we would all run back to our parked, running cars to warm up for the next set...then repeat again.

The important thing?  This system, as psychotic as it sounds and as funny as I'm sure it was to witness, worked.  We got some great shots of this super cute family despite the issues.

And these last three shots?

Well...you wouldn't understand.  It's a Jeep thing.
B

*The rest of their session from the warmth of their living room coming up next...

4 comments:

M-a-licious said...

The last shot would be perfect for an ad for Jeep in some magazine. You should so send it in.

And now the family has no reason to complain. You brought it.

Bookworm said...

Very cute. :)

Bell Lee Button said...

<3 the Jeep!!!!!! --;-<@ a rose How Beauti-ful!

WSMIL said...

I think sometimes that adversity brings out your creativity:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .