link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Hayrack Ride | Priester Photography

Hayrack Ride

As you can see, I'm still in the process of editing images from the past several months.

The shots from this hayrack ride are from October.

Yes, I said hayrack ride...not hay ride.

I had always heard it called a hayrack ride and then someone destroyed all my hopes and dreams by telling me that it was stupid to call it a hayrack ride because there is no rack. 

I then told them that maybe it was quite possible that they were stupid because they couldn't possibly be riding on only hay in order to justify calling it a "hay ride", as that would seem to be a very stationary ride.  If you were even able to call it a ride.  So there must be some sort of rack involved or at least a trailer but it doesn't seem quite right to call it a "haytrailer ride" so I'll stick with my Illinois term "hayrack" and if you have a problem with it you can see me about it personally at which point I would probably do something very mature like stick out my tongue, wrinkle my nose, stamp my foot and say, "Grrrr...call it what you want but it's a hayRACK ride!".

My oldest, Mercede, sporting braided pigtails...very appropriate hair wear for a hayrack ride, wouldn't you say?

Awww.  What a cute couple!  Actually, they're brother and sister, though they have been mistaken for a couple before.  I told them that it's not as bad as if they really were a couple and were mistaken for brother and sister...which has actually happened to my husband and I...several times. 

Weee!  Riding on the rack of hay.  The wee one is my Summer-wummer.  It's really just "Summer" but I like to throw in the "wummer"...it makes her sound as if she's still little.

What a cute little smile!

Hayrack riding at night.  Ooooo!  Fun...and cold.

This is what happens when you take teenagers on a hayrack ride and no, this was NOT posed. 

Sigh.  I love technology though sometimes it pains me so.

More catching up to come...
B

13 comments:

WSMIL said...

Call it what you want the pictures are great! As always my gkids are perfection:) But I do really like those of my other kids as well they turned out great. And really those of us who know these boys didn't need to be told it wasn't posed, we recognize that pose because we see a lot of it (now if they could only verbally communicate as well):)

Anonymous said...

Please to excuse but this came on to my computer with mistake. The word use is not familiar to me, in my language paseo del heno is right not term you used. pesebre animals eat from not people ride. Please to excuse me telling. seƱora pictures very nice.

Bookworm said...

Wow, I need to fix my face, there is something deeply wrong with it........but, our hayRIDE was fun and thanks for the pics!

;)

WSMIL said...

Your face doesn't need fixing it is a beautiful picture! And I totally agree with you and (if I understood) the person in front of you that it is a hayRIDE and that a hayRack is something you put hay on and the animals eat off it. But then again B amuses us so she can call it whatever she wants:)

Bell Lee Button said...

OMG! I am on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure if this is something i should be happy about or start freaking out about! Thanks for showing those wonderful braces of mine! Haha. Thats ok since they are kind of a part of me now! I will miss them little creatures in my mouth...not.

M-a-licious said...

You could call it a hayride on a rack of wheels. If you could see me, I have one eyebrow raised and my lips are pursed.

And it's not only teenagers with their cell phones. Is that not Jaime Sr. with his out also?

To Merissa: When do you get your braces off?

Bookworm said...

He's just as bad as a teenage boy!
I rest my case!

Bell Lee Button said...

Whose as bad as a teenage boy?-Bookworm. M-a-licisous i get them off in a few months! Yay me!

Bell Lee Button said...

B- Why did you change your title thingy! No pics! Are you crazy! Your a photographer we need to see your talent the second the page loads!

Ashes of Abdication said...

hey b i know you... well kinda... BUT do you know me!!! mwa hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hehe!!!

Bookworm said...

Ash, you are so strange........and Jammie Sr. is just as bad as a teenage boy.....(or girl sometimes).

;)

WSMIL said...

Nice one wormy!

Bell Lee Button said...

Hahahahahahahaha i wish i could have seen that earlier. I probably would have laughed harder! Haha. Ashes of Abdication i guess it seems that your undercover name didn't work out as well as you may have wanted it! Haha. You shouldn't have said anything Bookworm. Good one WSMIL from now on we shall call her WORMY! Haha. I like it. I think it suits her. Hehe

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .