link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I'm neither a music critic nor a live performance photographer... | Priester Photography

I'm neither a music critic nor a live performance photographer...

but I loved these bands and I took these pictures.

We went to Bauhaus Kafee last night and enjoyed a relaxing atmosphere (we sat on a leather couch), a wonderful aroma (think brewing coffee and sweetness), and great music (my foot just kept tapping).

I plan on going back soon for "StorySLAM".  If you're interested, you can find out more about it and upcoming events  here on their website.

It's only the second performance I've been to that was presented by Unique Ink and I hope to attend many more.  Good stuff....especially if you're a music lover like myself.

These are "The Rum Drum Ramblers".  I adore them.

I will restate that I'm not a music critic and have absolutely no musical talent or knowledge of what musical talent should sound like.  I just know what I like to hear...and it's this.

I loved how this guy got all hunched down sometimes while he was playing...


and I love how he had to keep pushing his glasses up because they were sliding down his nose.  He did it in one fluid motion though, so he never stopped playing.  That's dedication.

I loved hearing this guy go to town on his harmonica and I adore the way they were dressed.

But my favorite part was the emotion.  How can you not love all of that emotion in their faces? 

You can hear a few of their songs and see their upcoming schedule here or become their fan here.

This is "Dim Peepers".  I like the sound of that name.

They made me smile...

and tap my feet.

I wanted to shoot more of them, but my memory card was full.  I was just shooting for fun so I wasn't nearly as prepared as a live performance photographer should be.

I've learned my lesson...well, I at least learned a lesson.

I sat on the floor to get this shot at a lower angle.  Since it was hardwood flooring I could feel the music more than hear it and I then wished I had sat on the floor for the whole performance.

You can hear a few of their songs and see their upcoming schedule here or become their fan here.

I really wish I could describe this music for you with vivid word pictures and technical explanations but I just can't.  All I can say is, I nodded my head to it, tapped my feet to it, swayed to it, and it made me feel happy.

What better explanation do you need than that?
B

17 comments:

Ashes of Abdication said...

cool beans!! nice pics and i finally picked out a awesome tag name or what ever you call it!!

Anonymous said...

where have all the babies gone...

WSMIL said...

It's about time you rose from the Ashes of A, we have missed you! (assuming (which as I've told you before you should never do) that I'm right about your former identity) I like the new heading of the blog, very artsie and catchy. And it goes really well with these pictures which are incredible. Who knew we had such cool stuff here!

Bookworm said...

It's not me, WSMIL, I know her but I promise it's not me! Cool pictures!

Anonymous said...

B, thanks for taking such great pictures at the show. I'm glad you tapped your foot and swayed to the music. It's hard not to with the Rum Drum Ramblers! I hope to see you at more!

Kerry- Unique Ink

WSMIL said...

I know it's not you, I assume (again don't do it) she used to comment here under a different name. And she has been missed, and I was just waiting to see Mar to find out how she is. See what you do too us A of A (maybe I should change this to AA) when you aren't around, the worry lines you have created (and I don't need any help with lines on my face found a new one this morning):)

WSMIL said...

over and out people (I know how disappointed everyone is) long weekend and I'm out of here:)

Bookworm said...

U have the wrong Ash I am afraid WSMIL. I know her and the other, but, I am thinking you on't actually know this one. Think again........

WSMIL said...

So have you now learned the real definition of ASSuME:) This is why you should never do it because you get it wrong. Sorry AA I don't know you but welcome discussions in the near future, and please know that all insults are sent with humor and not malice:) Thank you wormy for setting me straight!

PS: you knew I couldn't stay away all weekend:)

Bell Lee Button said...

Ya i would have commented earlier WSMIL that you were wrong, but things have been well...not good. It just so happens that Ashes of A was at my house at the time of finding the brilliant tag name, and we both agreed that that would be the perfect one for her. Even though i did have to explain it to her! Haha. Bookworm would know exactly what i mean. Haha

Bookworm said...

Sadly, with that explantation, I know EXACTLY who you mean......poor AA......

;)

P.S. I already knew who it was because I was trying to help her, too.

Ashes of Abdication said...

Hey you guys!!! i can read this stuff!!! haha so you do know who i am WSMILL!!!???? who... hehe

Ashes of Abdication said...

oh and im tryin to talk my mom into lettin you take our pics!!! espc. for my baby sis today she is 6 weeks old and is adorable!! i cant wait to see what cool thinks you'll think of to make her even more awwdorable!!!

Ashes of Abdication said...

i mean *things... geez!! hehe

Ashes of Abdication said...

yea just to get this straight i might b an ashley but... my last name DOESNT start with p!!! oh and i was in the hayride pics!!!

Bookworm said...

Ashley: Use capital letters. Adn maybe less hehe's. Sorry, coudn't help it. Talk to you soon!

Ashes of Abdication said...

no!! i like my hehes!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .