link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I have wonderful news! | Priester Photography

I have wonderful news!

(no, I'm not pregnant)

Since I was able to secure a loan from these two wonderful people...

who happen to look a wee bit different from when these photos were taken...

I have been able to purchase this (much sooner than I thought)...


Oh.  It's so wonderful.

Instead of waiting until mid-March to wrap my hands around this sweet little black box of wonder, I will now be clicking the shutter by no later than the 21st (according to UPS).

Wheeeeeeee!

If you don't know anything about photography or cameras, the rest of this will sound like German (unless you speak German in which case it would sound like Cantonese)...

My camera can be set to an ISO of up to 1600 but starts to look grainy at ISO 400.
THIS camera can be set to an ISO of up to 12800 (that's twelve thousand eight hundred) and doesn't start to look grainy until ISO 6400.

Oh.  This makes me happy.  Low light, here I come!

It shoots HD video.

Oh.  More happiness.

It has amazing AF point settings that I'm sure are going to help me with faster focusing, though it may take me months to learn to use it effectively.

Those are just a few major differences in this bundle of joy and my current camera.  My current camera isn't bad, but I think I've outgrown it.  I think I'm ready for the pro equipment now. 

Ummm.  Yep.  I'm ready.

Be prepared for lots of test shots on here as I work my way through learning the new bells and whistles.

I think you'll be impressed.

Completely unrelated:

I inhaled soap up my nose this evening in the shower.  No.  Not on purpose.  Shampoo was dripping down my face and for some bizarre reason I decided to sniff at that precise moment which caused the shampoo to shoot into my nostril.  It burned. 

All I could think to do was puddle some shower water into my hands and sniff it up too so it would rinse out the shampoo.  It is not easy to make oneself sniff water up one's nose.  It's not natural.

 I think it helped a little but it still stings.

Any advice on how to handle this more effectively in the future, in case it should happen again?
B

11 comments:

WSMIL said...

I'm happy for your new purchase and I'm happy with your parents for helping you get your greedy little hands on it sooner. And next time you suck shampoo up your nose BLOW:)

PS: If this camera makes you look younger and thinner without looking like plastic (see previous opinion) I am happy to be test subject of new equipment:)

WSMIL said...

PSS: I'm pregnant does not necessarily a wonderful news statement make. If you like I can give examples where this statement would produce sudden and immediate horror not joy:)

Anonymous said...

natural cleansing way for all sinus areas and complaints including infections or shampoo is
neti pot (pronounced net..ee) and warm saline water...has been known wash ick out of head the size of oysters..eww and this is written by 2 anonymi w/personal experience...

Anonymous said...

wowwee new tool+creativity+learning curve=
busy winter and more slave labor of the children hiding from the lenz....fun fun fun now that daddy gave the cannon away.....

Lunsford said...

I can't wait to see your tests, counting down to the 21st. Not being all that savy on photographic equipment it did sound sortof German, in the way that I speak just a little German and just a little photography.

The only advice I could offer beyond what the others have already offered is if the problem should happen to persist get one of those nose plugs like olympic swimmers wear.

I am very glad to hear that I am not the only one who does seemingly improbable things. I once punctured my eardrum while putting on my glasses. See snorting shampoo is not all that crazy.

Anonymous said...

dear dear Lunsford there is not enough time or willingness to share the improbables of ours...but it nice to know we can share the smiles and joys and cantonese tastes good...

Bookworm said...

YAY!!! NEw camera!!!! When I was looking at camera's I was quite focused on a Canon. I hear they are wonderful! Anyhoo, I am happy you finally got your dream camera! Happy shooting! ( With camera's.........)

;)

Bell Lee Button said...

Wowee! Yay for B! Don't you just love getting new stuff? I do. Haha. Have fun!

Bookworm said...

I like cheese.

( For the randomness to start again! )

;)

WSMIL said...

I like Scotch:)

M-a-licious said...

Enjoy your new camera as I'm sure you will until you see one that is so much better. I'm expecting to be super impressed with the shots from the new camera. See, you've done so well that with every fantastic photo (of which there've been thousands) our expectations are raised. Now, we're chasing perfection, of which, I'm pretty sure you can obtain. Looking forward to it.

And Whoa! you look like your mom. That's a good thing. Also, we wouldn't love you as much if you didn't do weird things. We'd love you, just not as much. I hope the burning stops.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .