link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Don't Be Ugly... | Priester Photography

Don't Be Ugly...


 That's tip number one on a website list entitled How To Be Photogenic.

Seriously.

I love the internet.
 If you've read the blog you know I don't believe in the word "photogenic" the way the general public uses it (anyone can look good in a picture if they have the right photographer), so you may be wondering how I came across a website explaining how to be such a thing.
 This young man, during our father/son session explained to me that he'd heard if you look away from the camera during your session it will create a better picture.
 I had never heard about this little trick, so I set about googling it thereby running into the aformentioned article which also stated that in order to get a good picture you should "imagine that the camera is a person you have a crush on walking into the room".
If I were to look at the camera as if my crush just walked into the room I would be red-faced and tripping on something while displaying a deer in the headlights look and perhaps drooling.

Not really a photogenic look for me, I don't think, but maybe for some people?

Being the adventurers we are, my client and I decided to give the "look away from the camera" technique a try:
I don't think it works.

Yep.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work.

It's a good thing he got tip number one right or we would've been in a world of hurt.
B

You can see the rest of their session here under "Father/Son".

Up next:  Johnson family/senior session

4 comments:

WSMIL said...

I'm glad you picked this subject! And I'm really glad I have a GREAT/GENIUS artistic photographer;) (does that get me any brownie points?)

Bell Lee Button said...

Aww so your telling me that you could make me actually look good in a picture? Good! What a relief! Haha. Ive learned something today. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

thanx, Brandi....Tim, and co. look great!!! Cant wait to see the rest. Miss

B said...

The rest are on the client proofing site, (www.priesterphotography.smugmug.com) under "Father/Son". Glad you like them.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .