link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> More Than Meets The Eye... | Priester Photography

More Than Meets The Eye...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I am about to reveal myself as an even bigger nerd than you may already believe me to be.

Is that possible?

I think we shall soon find out....
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I am not a big fan of movies.

I guess I never really have been.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Though there are movies that I look back on with a fondness, it's not because I enjoy the movie itself so much, but rather the time period that it recalls for me.

I would rather read a book.

I think I have determined the reason for this:

I'm a control freak.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
When I read a book I'm in control of the images in my head...the way people look, the way they walk, sound and dress. 

When I watch a movie, the director is in control of the images in my head.

I don't want him in control of my head.

Even for an hour and a half.

See?

Control freak.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Since I suffer from the afore mentioned psychosis and rarely watch movies, or even television I have become super sensitive to what little I do watch.

You know how people can become desensitized to violence and whatnot?

I've become the opposite of that.

I don't view it regularly, so when I do I get all stressed out, tense and jittery...and we're not talking Texas Chainsaw Massacre (as if)...we're talking Transformers.

(And no, not the cartoon...smartypants.)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I climbed in bed a few nights ago and Matt was watching the last half of it.

I got pulled in by one of the transformer voices that sounded vaguely like Sean Connery, so I watched it with him.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Bad idea.

I could feel my body tensing up through the whole thing and at one point I think I quit breathing temporarily.

The movie ended.

I couldn't relax but fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow (cause that's how I do things)....
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
and promptly had the worst nightmares I've had in a long time.

Seriously.

My 10-year-old daughter laughed at me.

I should seek treatment.
B

Up next:  More Cassie!

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

Love these she has beautiful eyes. And the they's of the world (whoever they are I've never learned) say you should not watch action TV/movies before bed. Personally I've discovered you shouldn't read action books before bed either, and I don't fall right asleep and I'm therefore envious of you:)

Bell Lee Button said...

Its the same for love stories. Never read a love story before bed because you'll never be able to put it down. Its crazy. And it's not so cool when you stay up till 1 in the morning reading it and then have to get up and go to school the next. Eh!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .