link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Loss and Baby Boot Mermaid | Priester Photography

Loss and Baby Boot Mermaid


Zoe Deschanel--Baby It's Cold Outside

Sometimes it's best not to try to make sense of my blog post titles.

Just wrinkle your forehead, raise one eyebrow, shake your head in disbelief and wait for the explanation to reveal itself...


because you know it eventually will.

Sometimes it might be a very vague reference to something.
Sometimes it will be blatantly obvious.
But the explanation will be there.

Or it won't.

Depending on my mood.
My mood now dictates that we discuss "loss".

Don't roll your eyes at me...I make this up as I go along.

Seriously.
We've all lost something...
our keys, an important paper, the remote control, the diamond from our wedding ring that we found later on the kitchen floor

(yes, that last one was from personal experience, why do you ask?)...
Those things are just superficial but are still considered lost and create anxiety for us on a small or possibly  large scale.

 Some of us have lost our self-control, our patience, our sense of security, our sanity.

(Hey.  No finger pointing on that last one.)
And many of us have lost, in one way or another, someone we love.
(**mamma paparazzi**)

Maybe you've lost your child in a department store....my mom lost me once at a JCPenneys' while I was playing inside a rack of clothes.

Maybe you've lost a friend to neglect or apathy.

Maybe you've lost a spouse to another.

Maybe you've lost someone in death.
Though what we've lost may or may not be replaceable, can't we also gain from anything we've lost?

Maybe a better sense of self?  Some amount of wisdom?  Memories?  Appreciation?

shrug.

Those really are questions as I don't actually know.

I'm simply not that deep of a thinker.

I'm just laying it out there for you to chew on.

And to say to all of you who have lost someone or something...

Despite the irritation of losing your keys, the anxiety of losing your sense of security, the hurt of losing your mate, or the pain of losing a loved one to death, maybe some day and somehow you may be able to gain something from it as well...

and chin up.



Now...on a lighter note and to cover the "Baby Boot Mermaid" part of the title...

This is what happens when an idea in my head goes terribly, terribly wrong:
I almost wet my pants every time I see this.

We needed a smaller baby or a bigger boot, neither of which were available to us, so instead of a cute baby sitting in his daddy's boot we got a cute baby boot mermaid (technically a merman).

I'm still trying to determine which is funnier...this picture or what his mother and I must have looked like as we were trying to push his too big butt into that boot.

Ah...I needed another good laugh.
B

You can see the rest of little merman's session here under "Cash".

Up next:  A family session and maybe some shallow and meaningless banter


10 comments:

Amy S. said...

Well played B. Well played.

Bumble-Bree said...

That was HILARIOUS!

Señor Taco said...

horse vs. baby in bucket of hay, mmmm, yum yum.
(sorry more than the standard 5 words, but still a comment)

WSMIL said...

Ditto:)

Sandra S. said...

Great job. Love the log pix with the hay in the background. Cute baby!

WSMIL said...

When the Ditto isn't placed where you think it is going to be I look like weird;) I love the pics, and I'll leave it at that.

Bell Lee Button said...

Awwww adorable baby! Congrats to the parents for having a gorgeous baby! Baby boot mermaid will never be forgotten. This is when we all raise our cellphones to one of those mellow songs that you just can't resist. Peace...

Señor Taco said...

you didn't ditto yum yum???

WSMIL said...

no sorry but G did:) he laughed a lot.

Derek A. said...

Very nice post. Somehow I missed this one. Your baby levitation is getting better and better.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .