link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Physical Law | Priester Photography

Physical Law

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
There must be an actual physical law...much like the law of gravity...that determines one's appearance when they meet people.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
If you were to look in the mirror one day and think to yourself, "Self...I look pretty good today" as you make a butt check (for girls) or a muscle flex (for guys)...this law would dictate that you would not see one sole individual that knew you the entire day.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
However...if you were to be in a hurry and ran to the store in jeans, a t-shirt, a ponytail and no makeup with your head down to avoid eye contact with anyone you might know...this law would guarantee that you would see any given number of the following people...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Your long lost friend from high school.

Your clients/boss.

Your family doctor.

A famous celebrity.

Your dentist.

An old boyfriend/girlfriend.

Your business associates/workmates.

Your child's teacher.

Or maybe just some random person that looks very much "put together" and thereby makes you look even worse than you really do causing you to wish that they could see you on one of your "good" days so they wouldn't judge you in their mind as one who doesn't care about their looks.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I'm not saying that this has ever happened to me...but I've heard it does.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Honestly...I've never neglected my personal appearance so much in my whole life as I have this last year.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Is this what becoming a business owner does to you?

Does it cause you to...

forget to get your hair cut (hopefully long and shaggy is in)?

not bother trying to remember to buy more mascara when you ran out two months ago?

let your son wear jeans that are too short to school because you were too busy to check his outfit before you walked out the door even though you realize that the way your children dress is a direct reflection of you?

Again.  I'm not saying that I've ever done any of those things but I've heard it happens.

I'm just hoping that it also happens to those people that it seems to never happen to.

One day I will see them without their "game face" on and I will feel triumphant.

Until then I'll just try to remember to put pants on before I walk out the door.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Starkey Family".

Up next:  Wedding wrap up...perhaps?

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

But if it wasn't for those people who go out without their "game face" what would the poor website peopleofwalmart.com do? And what about those people who had on their face and still end up on awkwardfamilyphotos.com? And if we didn't have a new post here those are the only avenues we have for a good laugh for the day. I promise not submit you to any of the aforementioned websites! If you need to feel triumphant today come into the office and see me:)

PS: These are great family pictures!

Bell Lee Button said...

Ive had so many of those days it ridiculous. And also very embarrassing when someone asks you if you've let yourself go. Haha. But then we all get over it so i guess i'll live. And anyone else who has that the same day i do. Because everyone has one of those days. EVERYONE. At least that's what im making myself believe for the time being. Haha.

the 14 year old said...

the boys look so cute. not that i care. they look like my brothers. a little

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .