link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Reasons I'm not like JCPenney Portrait Studio... | Priester Photography

Reasons I'm not like JCPenney Portrait Studio...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
First of all, let me state for the record that there is nothing wrong with JC Penney Portrait Studio. 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I took my children there many, many times.
(Mercede just informed me that she vividly remembers the inside of the studio with the doll on the camera.)
I have pictures of them in metal tubs, on wicker chairs and laying on furry blankets.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
It was cheap and captured a moment in their lives that I wanted to remember.
 
Would I have gone somewhere a wee bit more classy and artistic if I'd had the means?
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
  You could bet your farm on it.
And I did.
(not bet the farm...but had pictures made somewhere else...just for clarification)
I had nursing pictures taken with my first newborn and maternity pictures taken with my last at Robertson's Photography in Cape Girardeau.

(I believe he has since retired...hopefully not because of me).
He was not cheap, but those pictures are hanging in my house presently (for 12 and 8 years, respectively).
Would you like to know where the JC Penney images are?
They are presently sitting in a file cabinet next to my right leg where they've been for 11 and 7 years, respectively.

(though not necessarily next to my right leg that whole time)
That's not to say that JCP portraits shouldn't be hung on the wall...just not on my wall.

I'd rather have something on my wall that doesn't look mass produced.

Like a portrait of this family pet perhaps...
So, while JCP serves its purpose and can produce images worthy of wall hanging, I can give you many reasons why I differ from them.

For now I'll leave you with just this one:
I'm better.
B

You can see the rest of the session here under "Follis Family".

Up next:  Cassie!! (she's been waiting patiently)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100% and one day I will have the biggest and best looking photo of my family on my wall that had been taken by you!

Brittney Grieshaber said...

That comment was made by Brittney Grieshaber,it just didn't come up the way it should have.
And p.s. I always love what you have to say in your blogs...good stuff!

WSMIL said...

I agree with you as well, I especially love the one of them walking down the road in black & white. And can I hint at what I would like for our anniversary coming up;)

B said...

I know, I know...you want a picture of ME! :)

WSMIL said...

Wow you are really good at this hint thing;)

OLP said...

I want a picture of the cow!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .