link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Did I ever tell you that I met Phyllis? | Priester Photography

Did I ever tell you that I met Phyllis?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

You know...

Phyllis...

 from The Office?

She's the only famous person I've ever met.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
In case you were wondering (and I know you were), here's how it went down...
 
I was shopping at Target in Festus with my mom and sister.
 
They were in the electronics section and I was browsing the end caps for bargains (it's what I do).
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
As I was walking by the crockpot/toaster/blender section I saw a lady talking to an elderly woman who was with her.
 
You'll remember that my mind works slowly...well, I knew that I recognized this lady but I couldn't put my finger on why.

In my defense, I was just starting season two by that point so the character names weren't firmly established in my brain.

I walked down the aisle they were in and smiled at her, thinking that maybe I knew her from my Census job and then it hit me.
 
PHYLLIS!!
 
PHYLLIS LAPIN!! (Yes, I know her character's last name, what of it?)

I sprinted across the store (really) to find my sister, who happened to be the one who started my fanaticism with The Office in the first place, so she could verify my findings.
 
We sprinted back to the crockpot/toaster/blender section, stopping one aisle short of the alleged Phyllis sighting aisle at which point we casually strolled by with our eyes peeled trying to be cool but giggling like idiots.

We conferred on the other side of the aisle at which point my sister (silly, silly girl) doubted my findings.
 
This worked well for me though because I'm stubborn (really) and don't like to be wrong (who does?), so I then had the nerve to tricky trot back to the alleged Phyllis and say in my sweetest telephone voice (everyone has one), "I'm sorry to bother you, but are you Phyllis? From The Office?"
She looked at me with a sweet little smile and half whispered, "Well, yes, I am."

I said, "I thought so...I love the show...you guys are great."

She said, "Thank you...I'm just here shopping with my mother."

I said, "Have a great day" or something equally as boring.

I should have hugged her.

Next time I see her in Target I will.

If it had been Jim or Michael I would've hugged them without a second thought (no offense Phyllis).

Jim because he raises his eyebrows like me (I have forehead wrinkles to prove it) and Micheal because I think he would appreciate it and would probably hug back.

Of course I'm talking about the characters on the show...I don't know actually know how Steve Carell, John Krasinski or Phyllis Smith would react to me personally, but it would most likely not involve a hug.
Now you know my famous person story.
 
It was riveting I know.
 
Now it's a $100 bill to anyone who can tell me why I blogged about The Office in this particular post.
 
Not really $100, but you'll have the gratification of knowing that you were right.
 
That's better than $100 anyway.
 
Right?
 
I thought so.
B
 
Up next:  Family pictures and then the wedding wrap up.

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know! I know! I just love that show! The bride has an ever so slight resemblance to Jenna Fischer from the St. Louis area. Now there is yet another character on the show from that area. Do you know who it is?

WSMIL said...

I've seen Lucy Liu but I wasn't motivated enough to bother her lunch to say hi. I'm not sure who would motivate me to actually stop them and say hi, this bears thinking about.

Bell Lee Button said...

Ive never met anyone famous. Ever. But that doesn't mean i never will. The thing is its like they're regular people just like us.

WSMIL said...

Actually in discussing this post last night I was reminded that I have met "someone famous" but I agree with Ms. Button it doesn't bear comment, it was actually quite awkward;)

Bell Lee Button said...

I just want to point out one more thing. I have to keep coming back to this post because i LOVE the cake! It is the prettiest cake i've ever seen. LOVE IT!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .