link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> High school... | Priester Photography

High school...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Oh boy.

Did anyone else wrinkle their nose, roll their eyes and get slightly naseous at the sound of those words?

High.  School.

(que dramatic music)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Maybe it was just me, but high school (actually school in general) caused me anxiety.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Anxiety that I wouldn't have now if I were to do it all again.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
But that's the way it works, right?

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that jazz?
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I guess I wasn't technically a nerd in school...because I wasn't smart enough.
(Too bad cause I hear nerdie is in.)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I didn't exactly "fit in" either....which I'm now happy for.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I like being me....not some "molded-into-what-I-think-everybody-else-wants-me-to-be" me that the high school environment tends to facilitate.

Just me.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I'm not saying that if I went back to school knowing what I know now that I wouldn't still be an outsider looking in on the "cool" crowd...
(I would, however, like to know who tells the "cool crowd" that they're cool)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I most definitely would...
anyone who reads this blog could figure that out.
But I would be comfortable with being an outsider looking in.
I would be okay being the girl that didn't have Guess jeans or Keds...
the girl who rode the bus, even senior year, unless she could bum a ride with someone...
the girl who tripped a lot, got embarassed a lot, and had never been kissed.
Actually, come to think of it...
not much has changed for me according to that description.
Except for the kissing (three kids later)...and the bus...
but I'm now driving a minivan with a missing handle so that pretty much equals out wouldn't you say?
I thought so.
So do I have any advice for these lovely high school ladies?
Nah.
They'll figure it out, like we all do.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
They'll make it out okay...
and even if they end up with a few emotional scars along the way, they'll get over it eventually.
I mean, really.  I've been out of school for 15 years and look how normal and well-adjusted I am!
B

You can see the rest of the session here under "High School Volleyball".  Girls, I'll get a price list to your coach sometime this week...call me if you have any questions.

Up next:  More wedding.

3 comments:

Bumble-Bree said...

I went to school with all of the girls in the first group picture. Ironic.

Bell Lee Button said...

Wow our volleyball is so much different than theirs. I mean they all play volleyball but idk its just different group of girls i guess. Weird. I hate high school.

LA said...

#3, WOW, what a beauty. You may want to use her for a compaine or ad. You sure were able to capture her beauty.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .