link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> !sdrawkcab siht yrt s'teL | Priester Photography

!sdrawkcab siht yrt s'teL

I normally edit my pictures from the very beginning shots from the session to the end, working my way through methodically. 

I usually get a little impatient because my best shots are usually from the last of the session and I want to get to them as quickly as I can. 

I know not why the last shots are usually my favorites...maybe because my subjects are more comfortable with me by that point.  Nah!  It's probably because they're so sick of my annoying demands..."lay in that wet grass, lean on that rusty gate, put your leg behind your head"... that they just give in because they know that's the only way they'll ever get home.   

Whatever the reason, I've decided to mix it up this time.

Here's my theory:  If I rush through the "so-so" shots to get to the "wow" shots then I'm not giving the "so-so" shots the attention they need to make them "wow" shots if possible.  Some "so-so" shots are destined to remain so-so but some of them could, with the proper attention, love and care become "wow".  I can't make them "wow" if I'm rushing to get to the other "wows".  So...if I spend more time with the "so-sos" I'll get more "wows".

Is that confusing?

Let me simplify...I'm working backwards, from the end to the beginning in the hopes that I'll get the "wow" pictures finished so I can devote more time and attention to the first pictures (which have now become last) in order to create something more "wow" with them.

I read magazines the same way...last article to the first.  It's more fun.

Here's where we ended this session with these beautiful girls...twin girls (if you couldn't figure that out).


I'm already rockin' the texture on this first one.

Black and white just moves me...even on outdoor, fall pictures where you would think that color would be more dramatic.  Wrong.  Black and white is the drama queen.

Did a little rounded corner on this one to go with the whole seventies feel it was giving off. 
Groove-a-licious.

These are fall pictures but I'd like to point out the lovely little yellow flowers on the left.  They're still tryin' to hang on.

More texture and I love this color treatment...sort of sepia, sort of washed out.  So pretty.

 I hovered in my helicopter to get these shots.  It was a little tricky.

So my present concern is that if I'm doing the "wow" shots now, then when you see the "so-so" shots they're just going to be so-so even if I can turn them into "wow".  You'll be disappointed.

What a quandary.
B

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

Disappointed we have never been disappointed. Totally digging the textures! You should know that you have inspired WSGFNL (you know) to work the texture. He now lives on his computer more than ever which is obnoxious to those living with him, but he says it is really starting to come together. Thought you should know you are inspiring always.

PS: wordy enough for you Wormy?

Bookworm said...

Yes, thank you!

Pulyummy said...

I like the Black and White one of them together! Not to sure I like the 70's groov-a-licious one....the Pic. is great but the texture is a little strange. Who knows, it could grow on me if I stare at it long enough! :) No offense!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .