link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Operating on three hours of sleep. | Priester Photography

Operating on three hours of sleep.

I'm not a person that requires a lot of sleep.

If someone asks me if I'm a morning person or a night person, I say, "both". 

I get creative at night.  It's when I wind down, get focused and feel the urge to create (which is unfortunate because I'm usually lacking at least two or three of the main ingredients I need for said creation and can't simply tricky-trot to the store at 1:00 AM to get it).

But I thoroughly enjoy my mornings too.  A new day is like a clean slate...something to look forward to.  I'm not someone who can sleep late.  I want to get the party started and that ain't gonna happen if I'm unconsciously drooling on my pillow.

Therein lies a problem.  As my mother would say, I'm trying to "burn the candle at both ends".  This does not typically work well.

Last night I couldn't sleep for reasons I won't bore you with.  Suffice it to say that I was angry...angry at who or what is irrelevant.  So I took my anger out on my laundry and also read a great book about a woman with an overactive imagination.

The laundry and the book was finished by 3:30 AM. and so was I.

I would just like to point out that operating on little or no sleep causes weird things to happen to my body.  I feel slightly drugged...light-headed.  Things are occasionally blurry, but oddly enough it also creates an interesting feeling of contentment.  I really can't be bothered with any real issues or concerns simply because I'm too tired to react to them.  Everything is in slow motion.  I like it.

I've been working this evening in this state of mental exhaustion on a shoot I did for a long-time friend of mine.


We've known each other since we were about ten years old.  Ten?  Is that right? 

Everything's fuzzy.

I've actually known her husband for even longer than that, but we can't stand each other.  We're actually worse than a brother and sister.  Seriously.  Ask our spouses.  They've witnessed the incessant argueing.  It's not a pretty sight.
                                              
Here's their oldest munchkin.

I feel this way some days too...particularly right at this moment.

Baby munchkin.

How cute!  That's a cheerio he's holding with his finger. 


Peek-a-boo!  I love my green chair...for so many reasons.


Love this!  How cute is that little sideways look?  Stinker.

So I'm about half way through with their session.  I hope to finish it up tomorrow and I've also got the promised sneak peeks of the twin senior session I did a few dazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Zzzzzzzz
B

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

Love the eyes over the green chair. As someone would say it speaks to me! Or they would if they were awake:)

Bookworm said...

WOW! I was going to comment on the same thing! Love em' all!

Bell Lee Button said...

I love the one where he is looking sideways out his eyes. It is so mischievious. Did i spell that right??????? Probably not. But really awesome nonetheless. So you were running on a couple of hours of sleep, and you were sick. You are superwoman. Haha. Tots.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .