link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I might be hyperbolizing... | Priester Photography

I might be hyperbolizing...

Mercede was complaining that London was exaggerating too much in a story he was telling me.

I said, "He's fine. It's not an exaggeration. It's a hyperbole. He's trying to make his story sound more interesting."

Mercede said, "Fine. London! Stop hyperbolating!"

She gets her ability to invent new words from her mother. That's me.

If you don't know what a hyperbole is...look it up. It's in the dictionary. It's a good word to know, plus it's fun to say....hyperbole, hyperbole, hyperbole. (A hint: It's not pronounced "hyper bowl", but "hyper bowlee")

Though I laughed at Mercede's usage of the word, upon looking it up in the dictionary I found that she wasn't far off. Something could be hyperbolic, hyperbolical and you can even be hyperbolically doing something or hyperbolizing. Not hyperbolating, but pretty close for an eleven year old.

I wonder if you could be hyperbolically hyperbolizing? Sweet.

What, in the name of Bob Ross, has a hyperbole got to do with this beautiful baby's sneak peak pictures?
Not a cotton pickin' thing...except that I may use a hyperbole or two in describing this little chipmunk.

Do you see it? Huh? Huh? Do you see the bubble? I told her mother that I love it when I can get a shot of baby drool when they're this age. Well...I got baby drool AND a bubble mouth.

I'm dying from the cuteness. (hyperbole) I can't take it!
OH!

Her mom said, "I hope we can get a picture of her making her little surprised face because she just started doing it."

I cocked my camera and my hip to the side, raised my eyebrow and said, "Consider it done!"

Not really. But I did stand on a ladder precariously dangled over this little munchkin while holding my 500 lb. camera (hyperbole) for 20 minutes until she did it. That has to count for something, right?
Oh my. The feet! The smile! The squishy cheeks!

Another baby in a bowl. This baby fills it out just a teensy bit more than the other baby though.

The green thing she's chewing on? It's her toy monkey and she loves him. We had to use a monkey wrench to pry him from her little hands. (hyperbole)

Seriously. I typed "monkey wrench" without getting the joke I made until after I typed it.

This is what happens when you blog at 1:30 in the morning. I want to marry this picture. (hyperbole) I love everything about it.

You'll see in these last few sneak peaks that I'm apparently on a vintage kick this evening.

I'm not sure if it's the little Gerber Baby face or the flower on her head that did it, but these shots just screamed for the vintage look. (hyperbole) Sigh.
Oh. Painted pictures, how I love thee...hence the "Bob Ross" statement above. (Double click this one to see the painted effect better)
Ack! Texture AND a beautiful child? What was I thinking? It's too much cuteness.
Seriously. The world is not ready for this magnitude of preciousness. (you guessed it... yet another hyperbole)

I hope you enjoyed today's lesson in the figure of speech that is the hyperbole.

More tomorrow. That is, more pictures...but also more lessons. One can never have too much knowledge, particularly about words.
B

3 comments:

Bookworm said...

I think my favorite is the painted one! I love it!

WSMIL said...

I should have known Mercede would be close in her wording because she usually is even when it sounds like she isn't. As to these I'm so glad you stood on a ladder w/your 500lb camera because those shots looking down on this baby are FAB and I do mean FAB! Absolutely above and beyond anything I've ever seen in the whole of my life (hyperbole):)

M-a-licious said...

I like the painted pic and the one you are marrying best. And I really like the color of the last one. Pretty cool.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .