link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> In honor of the beginning of flu season... | Priester Photography

In honor of the beginning of flu season...

I'd like to present the following image of me, Mercede and Summer.
Several things...

It was taken in February of 2000...almost ten years ago. How is that possible?

Mercede is two years old and Summer was just one month old. I'm a strong, confident woman so I'll even tell you that I was 22 at the time. Do the math.

We all have the flu. I'm pretty sure I also had mastitis at the same time...if you don't know what that is, be glad. Be very glad. It involves a lot of foot stomping and teeth gritting.

We were living with my brother while we were in the process of building our house.

We're in a giant red rocker from the 1970's that was my dad's chair when I was little. We were using it most likely because we had no furniture of our own. Which is probably also the reason we had the room divider that's in the picture. That has been in my parent's house for as long as I can remember. I must have needed it for some reason and finagled it from mom when she was having a weak moment.

We still have that blanket...someone made it for us, I think. I'm aging so quickly that I'm already forgetting the little things.

Where did I get those fancy silk pajamas?

My forehead has NO wrinkles on it. Seriously. Zoom in. Not one wrinkle.

I must have heard mom walk in and take this picture. It's the only explanation for why my mouth isn't hanging open with drool hanging out.

To all mothers everywhere...Here's to hoping your feverish, sleepless nights on the couch (or giant chair) with your vomiting, feverish children be met with wellness in the morning as we all surge forward into the wonderful season of the flu.
B

9 comments:

Lunsford said...

We can definately relate to all of that, even the mastitis which just brings up memories of pain that I would rather forget all about. We were apparently getting a little too sure of ourselves around here so Ciera had to go and have another bout of it over the weekend.

Bookworm said...

Oh, my.............I can't believe I actually remembered correctly what mercede and summer looked like when they were little. They were cute!

WSMIL said...

I don't know whether or not to be offended that you don't remember who made the blanket! I'll just put it down to an overworked feverious brain:) Only blanket I ever made and Marie Laube helped me do it (I must give credit where it is due it probably wouldn't have gotten finished otherwise) and it was in honor of my first grandchild which I received at (and I'll be brave here too) the ripe old age of 27. Most liberating thing that has ever happened to me, and because of that I'll forgive the blanket business:)

B said...

Teehee. Open foot, insert mouth. :) Sorry. I had a vague feeling it had something to do with Marie Laube.
B

WSMIL said...

You can remove foot still love ya! Not really offended don't know how you keep up with all that you do!

Bookworm said...

Open foot, insert mouth?! Don't you mean open mouth, insert foot?

And your giving us english lessons? Sheesh.
:)

B said...

I'm operating on 4 hours of sleep.
B

WSMIL said...

What a catch Bookworm! I guess it is true you see what your mind thinks it should be and don't even notice it isn't right. Clever Girl:)

Bookworm said...

Thank you. I can be when I so choose. :P

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .