link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Picking up where we left off... | Priester Photography

Picking up where we left off...

In our last post we saw a lot of the flower girl and ring bearer, some preparation shots (not to be confused with Preparation H...that's a TOTALLY different subject), and the last shot was of the father and the bride preparing to make their way down the aisle.
Well they made it and Dad relinquished Bride to her patiently waiting betrothed.

Bride is happy to be standing by Groom,
and Groom is happy to be standing by Bride.
I really like the graininess of this shot. And it's a good thing because I had to shoot with a high ISO because it was super dark in there and I didn't use my flash so it's grainy all on its own.
Without the help of photoshop.
Rings!
The Kiss!
Dad and Bride after the wedding. I love that you can just see her face peeking over his shoulder.
I realize this is blurry. The thing is...I could tell you that I wanted it to be blurry and it would be accepted and considered a good picture. But I don't want to be a fibber so I'll just tell you right now that it's blurry because I missed my focus.

Shame on me.

I'm okay with it though, because I think the patting of the cheek, and the smile and eye contact of the bride more than make up for a little blurriness.

Don't you?
Just look at that handsome bridal party!

Having a little fun.

The fun shots are ALWAYS my favorites. Always. I wish I could get away with shooting nothing but fun, candid shots and no traditionally posed group shots.

Why?

Because when you look back through your pictures after 5, 10, or 20 years of marriage you will always prefer those shots to the posed ones.

Because shots like these give you a little peek into the subjects personality. It makes you remember something from that day about that person. It makes you feel something.

Trust me.
Even though you may not like this picture now because your face looks funny or you don't look prim and proper, these shots are the ones you'll keep coming back to look at years from now.

I know what I'm talking about. How can you look at these shots and not smile?
Uh oh.
This does not look like its going to end well.*
B

*No grooms were hurt in the making of these images.

4 comments:

WSMIL said...

We have shots like these from our wedding only it was all the ushers & groomsman (your hubby being one) We didn't have enough girls to attempt what you did (as if you didn't know I'm a total tomboy), but it turned out really well. Definitely they still make me giggle (and isn't that a disturbing image):) And I do really like the grainy one for all the reasons you mentioned, the pure joy on her face makes it a great picture. But I am not sure you can beat the dropping of the groom, to funny:)!!!

Bookworm said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin', lovin', lovin' all the pictures B. I'm also enjoying your comments about them. In what I've seen so far you have captured the day in a way that anyone who was not there can feel what we felt that day...pure joy.

Mother of the Bride

lunsford said...

I'm with you B I will always vote for fun. I can't stop looking at the last three of them holding the groom. How cool is it that you cought him in mid fall? Way to be fast on the button! I really love the looks on all of their faces. The two on the left seem like they were probably laughing too hard to ever be much help. In the last picture it just cracks me up that the girl in the middle is looking at you like maybe you can help. And the one on the right side is just holding her pose. Those are great, they are all great as usual but I am just warped enough to really enjoy the last three the most.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .