link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Onomatopoeia... | Priester Photography

Onomatopoeia...

Okay class! (clap, clap) Are you ready for today's lesson?

(clap, clap is an onomatopoeia)

I remember first hearing this word when I was in middle school. I like the way it sounds.

An onomatopoeia is a word that imitates natural sounds. Think "crash" or "splash". A word can be onomatopoeic and also onomatopoeical. Isn't it wonderfully strange that using a word as simple as "splat" is described using such a complex word as "onomatopoeia"?

I like strange things.

You obviously do too or you wouldn't be reading this blog.

Let's get to the point of this post...the real meat and potatoes...
Beautiful baby Clara. Sigh. (onomatopoeia)

How great of a name is Clara? I love it! I've already announced to Matt that if we ever have another little girl her name WILL be Maybe Clara Priester. Yes, Maybe.

I told you. I like strange.
I adore these outside shots. Her big, bright eyes just bounce the sun right back at you.
Look at those happy little cheeks! squish, squish (onomatopoeia)
She seems to be perched a little precariously on this chair but, no worries. Her mom was right next to her, at the ready.
It took us a while to figure out what she was looking at but we finally determined that she saw birds. tweet, tweet. (onomatopoeia)

I'll lay off the English lessons for a while. Don't rejoice too greatly though because I'm sure to come up with something equally as annoying to discuss that has no connection whatsoever with photography.

Perhaps math.
B

Here's baby Clara's slide show. The song is called "Daughter", which I thought was fitting. It's by Vienna Teng. You can buy it here.
If you'd like to see the images without music you can go here and select "Baby Clara".

7 comments:

Bookworm said...

I love the second to last one! It is adorable!

WSMIL said...

These are really good but I'm so distracted by that thing on her head. Sorry bad past experiences I guess popping up:) And your girls have decided you need a boy for London so as beautiful a name as Clara is (and I love how old fashioned it sounds when you put it together Clara Priester) you will have to find something else or that boy will be getting beat up a lot. You remember the classic country song "A Boy Named Sue" (or maybe not it has been awhile ago).

Bookworm said...

I love that song! It cracks me up every time I hear it! Ha! I really am a freak.

Anonymous said...

You know, if you went with that name the infant would be called baby Maybe.

B said...

Or Maybe baby.

Lunsford said...

Either way it is a fantastic name. So many people try to be clever with baby names and just end up with something stupid the poor kid will have to live with, but leave it to B to come up with something clever and awsome. I could almost wish you had another one just so that I could say that name regularly. I would mix it up sometimes I would say baby Maybe and other times I would say Maybe baby. And then once in a while I would say just Maybe. But having 4 myself I will be carefull what I say.

WSMIL said...

I love MayBe because when you say it I think MayB which would totally be appropriate since this is B we are talking about!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .