link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> To Kill A Bird (not necessarily one that mocks) | Priester Photography

To Kill A Bird (not necessarily one that mocks)

My dryer has been acting funny the last few days...not drying as quickly as usual.

I checked the lint filter and it's clean but still everything is damp after almost an hour of dry time, so I figure that my dryer is dying a slow, painful death.

This annoys me since it's fairly new and I can not afford to be purchasing a new one.

I can't even purchase a new washing machine and the one I have currently only goes into the spin cycle if you prop the lid up with a pair of scissors (the story of how I figured this out is a very long one that I won't bore you with).

You should see the looks I get when I ask Mercede if she put the scissors in the washer.

Then you should see the looks we get when she replies, "Yep!".

What's that saying?  Something like "necessity is the mother of invention"?

I can only imagine what kind of "invention" we could conjure up, what with all of our "necessities".

So....dryer not drying.  Can't afford new one.  Then I remember that a few years ago our dryer did something similar.  It was because a piece of lattice was unknowingly propped against the outside vent which kept the air from escaping and backed it up.
I ran outside to make sure nothing was leaning against it and found this.
Sticks.  Lots of them.  In my dryer vent.

Now, I'm no handyman, but I would assume that a dryer vent full of sticks isn't okay.  I mean, other than the fact that my jeans are damp, wouldn't this also pose some kind of fire hazard?
The damp jeans were all the reason I needed to start yanking out the sticks.  I underestimated the amount of sticks that would/could be in this little hole of a dryer vent.
Then there was the nest.

What a cute little nest it was..."was" being the operative word.

It had five eggs in it.  Teeny, tiny little eggs.  Two of them broke when I pulled the nest out and they had teeny, tiny little yolks.  I was just happy that it wasn't a teeny, tiny little bird, or teeny, tiny little bird parts.

Ew.

Summer and London put the nest in a tree in hopes of saving the eggs, but they were probably made into an omelet hours ago by something that was hungry and eats poor, defenseless bird eggs.

I feel sorry for the mother bird.  She obviously put a lot of hard work into that nest, not to mention the birthing of those five eggs, but I can't have my house burning down now, can I?

  Plus I'm tired of damp jeans.

So I now hold the title of  "baby bird killer".

But my pants are dry.
B

Up next:  Jase's sneak peak

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

I could live with the new title for the sake of dry jeans. And I could tell you about being newly married and a washing machine full of jeans and the washer going out with wet jeans, but I won't;)

lunsford said...

I once had the job of cleaning up after fires in houses. I can tell you for sure your house is less likely to burn with the nest gone. It's a tough call, murder baby birds, burn the house down. Glad you did not have to buy a new dryer!

SeƱor Taco said...

bbk-small omelet for sure.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .