link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Studio Wants versus Needs | Priester Photography

Studio Wants versus Needs

There isn't nearly enough time to discuss all of my wants/needs, so we'll restrict it to the wants/needs of the studio that is Priester Photography.
I want a bigger, better flash.

I need a mini trampoline (don't ask).
I want a some canvas prints to hang on the studio walls.

I need more seamless paper.
I want a Wacom Tablet.

I need a logo (which we will be discussing in future posts).
I want a monitor calibrator.

I need some modern wallpaper-like backgrounds.
I want a full-sized funky couch.

I need a beanbag and a boat.
I want, I want, I want...

I need, I need, I need...

You get the picture.
The point is, I want many things that would make my job more fun and my work more creative and I need many things that would make my job easier and my work more consistent.

So this is really more of a discussion of practical versus creative rather than need versus want.
While pondering my lack of funds to run out to the nearest photography super store and purchase the aforementioned equipment, I received an email from a musician that I'll be working with in the near future.

She sent me this link.
I had never heard of Kickstarter until this moment and I have to say that I'm intrigued.
I've donated money here and there to various internet fundraisers and donation based offerings but this?... this takes it to a whole new level!
I may have to create my own Kickstarter fund with my list of needs/wants for an upcoming endeavor.

Let's see.  If all of my faithful blog readers donated $1 each, I would end up raising...

three dollars.

I guess you have to start somewhere.
B

You can see the rest of the session here under "The Girls".

Up next:  A child that likes cake.

4 comments:

jvick said...

Hey girley- I saved ur blog under favorites, but can't find a way on ur blogsite to follow it- so I bet u have more readers than u think.
Jody

WSMIL said...

Thank you for pointing that out. She has lots of readers not a lot of commenters. I'm sure we could get her up there to at least 20 bucks:) Which unfortunately still will get her neither her needs or her wants (she is expensive):)

PS: love the floaty feel of the pic of the girls with their long dresses on the swing

PSS: your gpaNlaw has a small trampoline (he uses it but try charming him) and we will start watching the highways for a couch who knows maybe all the loyal supporters can come up with free stuff to fill your wants/needs

las said...

I can give u the beanbag.

B said...

That's awesome! I got one at a yardsale for $.50 but it's pretty empty so I could use some more beans. I could use some more beans? That doesn't even sound right, but you get the idea.
B

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .