link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Mr. Green | Priester Photography

Mr. Green

If you've read the blog at all, you may have deduced  by now that I'm a lover of music...hence the "Listen" tab at the top.
Walk with me as I discuss the twisted path that unfolds when songs introduce themselves (expectantly or not) into my brain.
The kids were readying themselves for a nice game of "Clue" when someone yells out "I'm Mr. Green!"
I instantly start singing "Mr. Blue".
As I'm trying to recall who sings this song and why I know it, I wonder if it's Bobby Vinton.
My mom had a Bobby Vinton tape.  I thought it may have leaked into my brain that way.
I then realize that Bobby Vinton didn't sing "Mr. Blue", but rather "Mr. Lonely".

I start singing that instead.
I think about how interesting it is that Bobby hits such high notes in this song...though not nearly as high as Tiny Tim singing "Tiptoe Through the Tulips".

I begin singing this, though not for long because it hurts my throat.


I decide that Tiny Tim is a very interesting looking character and his voice does not help this perdicament (no offense to any Tiny Tim fans out there).

The way I picture his hair reminds me of Janis Joplin so I start singing my favorite of her songs, "Me and My Bobby McGee", this one is also embedded into the recesses of my mind due to my parents.

I think this very thought and say to myself, "Thank you mother", which winds up with me singing, "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah".

I could go on...trust me...but I've got pictures to edit.
B

4 comments:

Becca said...

Great job!!! My niece looks charming!

WSMIL said...

The pictures are great and need commenting on but it's not going to happen because I'm to enthralled with the workings of your mind. And to think you would actually (even for a second) consider changing your format is unimaginable! I love the workings of your mind and can't get enough of it, keep it coming!!!

Barb Matthews said...

Love the pictures. Great Job!

Eye-Catching Video said...

"Mr. Blue" was by the Fleetwoods. Either way, it's all good when it comes to the oldies. :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .