link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I have recently come to the realization, | Priester Photography

I have recently come to the realization,

much to my dismay, that my blog is not what one would call "thought provoking" or "eloquently written".
Now I'm trying to decide if I'm okay with that and, more importantly, if you're okay with that.
I'm a follower of a lot of blogs. 

They interest me and provide a great five minute (okay, twenty minute) distraction from editing when I need it, so I check in from time to time to see what I can learn....from cooking to homeschooling to HTML and everything in between (I adore the wide world of the web).

I'm a woman of many interests.
I also follow a lot of photography blogs, being that I'm a photographer myself.

Wait.  I am a photographer, right?

Please tell me I've at least earned the right to call myself a photographer and I'm not just a girl with a camera!

Thank you.

You're too kind.
As I was saying...I follow these photography blogs...photographers, I might add, that create work that makes me drool.

We're talking amazing stuff here...and they uses phrases like, "the jusxtapostion of the colors moved my soul" and "I was inspired by the smooth lines and the crisp angles".

Some of them, not necessarily photography blogs, talk about serious and perhaps even controversial subjects, voicing their opinion in the matter.

I love reading this stuff because I know what they mean.  I feel what they're saying.  I get it (or not), and I'm being entertained and/or taught.

(Hey.  That rhymes!  Maybe I should ditch photography for poetry!)

Here's my concern:

I'm not teaching you anything.

Most likely, I'm making you less intelligent right this moment.

I lack the ability to be eloquent and well-spoken.

I use phrases like, "Me likey pretty picture.", "Sa-weet!" and "That makes me drool" (see above comments for proof).
It's not that I can't be serious, because there are a lot of things that I take seriously.
I just thought that maybe you might like to hear something not serious for a change.

That maybe you'd like to hear someone speak their genuinely psychotic thoughts aloud using phrases borrowed from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "Pride and Prejudice" (not necessarily in the same sentence since these are two totally different genres of quotation material and should be handled as such...I do have some standards).

In closing I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for not giving you something meatier to digest than sunsets from my window and children kissing frogs. 

This is all I've got for now though, so consider yourself warned.

Chip, chip cheerio!
B

4 comments:

Mom of 2 of them said...

I likey. Love the last one. You would think the feet one you photo shopped their feet to make them bigger, but they really are that big. And the one with Melody showing off--they really look like they're up to something... Can't wait to see them all.

WSMIL said...

Me likey has become our catch phrase, please do not mess with it. And you teach us maybe things we don't need to learn but you teach us. I like the one with the funny face and the other two on the verge of giggling.

On another note I think we need to work on our profile names, come on women we have identities!

Lunsford said...

Personaly, I look at other blogs as well, I know I feel like a cheater especially when they are photography blogs sorry B, and I prefer yours. I find their windy wording about their technical abilities to be dull and pretentious. Please don't stop being entertaining. And don't underplay what you teach us. I have not opened a banana for my kids since I showed them how monkeys do it. Priceless.

WSMIL said...

As usual I must say "Ditto" to Lunsford. (except for that other blog stuff:))

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .