link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Junkin' It | Priester Photography

Junkin' It

You can call it a garage sale, a tag sale, an estate sale (if you're hoity toity), or a yard sale, but it's all the same thing and I'd forgotten how much I love them.
I had planned for a busy Saturday morning but due to a flat tire our plans were changed.

These plans (or lack thereof) afforded me the opportunity to sleep in this morning. I apparently had the right to sleep in, but I lacked the ability...so I went junkin'.
It's important to note that the joy of bargain hunting (junkin') isn't necessarily all owing to the moment when you actually find a bargain, though that is a lovely thing in itself.
There's just a certain camaraderie among fellow junkers. 

True, we're all looking for a bargain, but it feels as if we're in it together.
We're all sweating or freezing (depending on the season), folding and unfolding, touching, examining and wondering "What is this doomafloppy?" together.
I've just now decided that junkin' is a pretty educational activity.

You learn map reading and following directions while you're hunting down the sales...
you learn the difference between worth and value....

it's better than any museum for learning and exploring since there are rarely signs that say "Don't Touch" and most of the "old-timers" can tell you the history and usefullness of any object you may find (or they'll make something up)...

you can perfect your backing up and side-of-the-road parking skills...

you learn quick calculations and fund management...

and you practice the art of fellow feeling and patience (when someone tries to take your bargain).

I think they should offer a class.

Just think of the benefits that society would experience as a whole!

Now that you see the value of it....get yourself out there and junk.

Just keep your mits off my finds.
B

You can see the rest of Addyson's session here under, you guessed it, "Addyson".  You'll be glad you did.

8 comments:

Sandy Skiles said...

AWW Can't wait to see our babies!!

Derek AuBuchon said...

I like your thought process. It's nice to read.

JVick said...

I LOVE YARD SALES!!! And they always have tons down here!!! We have some good flea markets as well- not just an old guy putting his trash on the table and trying to tell u its worth 100 dollars cause its an antique. Truly unique stuff- good prices. Whenever u feel up for a road trip- come on down one friday or sat morning (yes, service counts when it's from one yard sale to the next :) and we can go.

WSMIL said...

If this is how you RP (JVick) then I'm moving home:) As always I love the way your mind works, but for some junk is just junk. Moving someone's junk and making it your junk. I have to much of my own junk to take on that of another person's. This is why we have landfills:)

PS: pictures are great to!

Lunsford said...

WSML now I know why we get along so well, but I have to disagree with you on the landfill. I prefer a match, it cleans out my junk and I get to watch stuff burn. Win, Win!

WSMIL said...

OK I didn't want to admit to the burning thing, but yes I don't put it in a landfill, rather it's burn baby burn:)

lshoemake said...

Count me in if anyone goes junkin I love them too.

Bell Lee Button said...

aww we have a baby too! And guess what? Her name is addison!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .