link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Love Lessons | Priester Photography

Love Lessons

Matt and I were standing in the kitchen.

I had been making supper (tacos) and we were kissing.
We do a lot of kissing in the kitchen.

It's our thing.
After we kiss he says, "You taste like Doritos".
I pointed sheepishly to the bag laying open on the counter.
He smiled and said, "It reminds me of when we were dating".
This is because when we were dating my diet consisted mainly of Dr. Pepper and Doritos.
And an occasional Little Debbie fudge round.
I think it's cute that he remembers what I tasted like over 16 years ago.
I remember what his shirts smelled like.
He still smells that way sometimes even though he doesn't wear the same kind of cologne.
Actually, he rarely wears cologne now.

Maybe I'm smelling his deodorant.

Maybe it's his deodorant I've been smelling this whole time!
I read something profound recently (though I can't remember where I read it).
It was this:

Everyone always asks how you met but no one ever asks how you stay together.
I'll tell you how.

Be okay with kissing a dorito.

And smelling deodorant.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Adam B.".

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

Ok now THIS is what I call Romantic!!! I have to go home now and kiss my husband, thank you.

Stephanie Lynn said...

When we were first dating, my husband was working at red lobster and he always smelled like seafood when he'd visit me after work. And I'm cool with that. The only thing I really can't stand is beer breath. Eww.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .