link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Phone Voice, Gigabytes and Eardrums Oh My! | Priester Photography

Phone Voice, Gigabytes and Eardrums Oh My!

--My computer has been running slow...very slow.

I just realized today that I haven't ran a disk cleanup in a long time...very long.
It "cleaned up" 214 GB of junk.

Yes.

214 gigabytes.

Don't judge me.
--My mom hates it that I use my "phone voice" for everyone except family.
In case  you don't know, a "phone voice" is the pleasant, accomodating voice one uses when one is talking to friends, business establishments or clients.
The non-phone voice is reserved only for family (and perhaps very close friends) and has a slightly more grumpy and menacing ring to it.
The way I look at it is if you hear me sounding grumpy and menacing on the phone then you have the esteemed privelege of being counted as my family (or for the very elite, a friend).
--My left ear has been clogged for some time now.
I can't hear out of it and what little I can hear sounds all tinny and reverberates through my head.
Despite how it sounds, it is very unpleasant.
I finally had a doctor look at it.

The diagnosis?

I need a tube.
Exciting, right?

I know.

Especially since we have no health insurance.
But it's okay because about 6 years ago I was told by a doctor that I needed knee surgery.

I scoffed at his inability to offer me a less radical solution as an alternative (I probably rolled my eyes behind his back though I can't be sure) and then I fixed it myself.
Two glucosamine chondroitin pills a day for two weeks and the pain was gone.

Surgery plergury.

Who needs it.
It is this past success that keeps me hopeful that I will find a home remedy that works for what my doctor described as an eardrum that "looks like a stained glass window".
And if I can't then I will take advantage of my inability to hear by jotting down the Abbott and Costello-like situations that arise in conversations with my friends and family and blog about them to you.

You're welcome.
B

*Disclaimer--I do not endorse avoiding surgery or medical attention if that's what floats your boat...I only avoid it because I'm insurance free and slightly delusional.

You can see the rest of this session here under "Reed Jensen".


1 comments:

WSMIL said...

Love the pics with the bike! Some of your best stuff. And yeah we all have a phone voice, we just don't have to like it;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .