link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Potato Sniffing | Priester Photography

Potato Sniffing


My children are homeschooled.

Part of our scheduled work includes one whole school day of something you could call independent study.
 I came home from one such day of their independence, went into the office to start editing and noticed an empty beer can and a potato on London's desk.

London was standing nearby and the following conversation ensued...

Me:  Why is there a potato on the desk?

London:   Oh (smiling goofily).  We were doing a spelling project.
 Me:  (with a look of confusion) A spelling project that involved a potato?  How did that work?

London:  (laughing) Not spelling...smelling!
 Me:  Ah.  That makes a lot more sense.  Sort of.

London:  Summer was studying smells in her science book so we blindfolded each other and tried to guess what we were smelling.

Me:  And you chose a potato? 
London:  Yep.  It doesn't smell like anything! 

He shoved it under my nose so I could get a whiff of what "nothing" smells like.

He then walked away shrugging his shoulders.

And it is at this precise moment that I have realized I didn't ask about the empty beer can.
B

6 comments:

Momma Wright said...

Very good pics! And I'm not at all partial. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love them!! I cant wait to see more!! You do such an awesome job!

Amy Walker

Anonymous said...

Chayli looks so beautiful, and so much like Suzie in the above picture, been waiting for these so so good:)

Lindsey Curlee:)

WSMIL said...

They are all good, but I LOVE the first one! And yes, I feel the need to know more about the beer can:)

Mom Ihms said...

Cute picture at the door. She is so beatiful. He looks familiar.Do I kow him? I too am anxiouse to hear about the beer can.

Anonymous said...

By the way....it was me who was doing the science on the nose. Then it told me to do the smelling test!
Mercede

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .