link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Mysterious | Priester Photography

Mysterious


I have had several requests (two, two requests) since my post about homesteading.

Since I desire to make you happy I thought it only reasonable that I address these two questions.
 Question #1:  How long did you homestead?
 It was approximately three years.

This occurred while I was between the ages of 4 and 7.
 Question #2:  Why did your parents choose to homestead?
 This is a bit of a hard question to answer since I'm obviously not my parents and would have no idea why they did what they did when I was only 4 years old, but here's how I see it...
 As long as I can remember my mom has been what people today call "green".

She recycled before it was the cool thing to do.
 She had canvas bags for her groceries before they became designer.

She's always been all about green and organic.

And vitamins.

And recycling.

And avoiding medication.
So when my sister and I asked her why they moved from their small town to homestead in the middle of nowhere it only made sense that she said, "I was always interested in that kind of thing".

 My sister and I then looked at each other and said almost in unison, "And you dragged dad along with you?".

She gave a lot of different reasons about why they may have made the move, but I'll be diplomatic and avoid telling them to the interwebs.

Besides, I'm not sure they even really know why they did it....maybe they just wanted to be adventurous.

Yes, let's say it was because they were adventurous.

That's sounds way more glamorous than any of the reasons she gave me anyway.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Emma".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there was a time in our lives we worked hard at trying to be more into self-suffiency and back to the land.....I had wood cooking stove and ground our own wheat for bread..etc...we call that period when we were "earth muffins". I am to tired to do all that the hard way anymore...I like lot's of the pluses and the memories...but we do like conviences also

WSMIL said...

It seems romantic, your dad will follow your mom anywhere, even to the middle of nowhere. True love!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .