link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Quantify the honest-hearted... | Priester Photography

Quantify the honest-hearted...

I've been hearing a word a lot lately. 

The word "quantify".
As in, "It's really hard to quantify how much love I have for my husband" or, "I have such a desire for chocolate that to quantify the amount I eat would only make me sound gluttonous."
The definition:  to express or determine the quantity of.

You could replace it with the words determine or estimate.
It's actually just a fancy word for "measure".

A fancy word for measure that I happen to like the sound of.
Too bad I can't quantify how much I like the sound.
Speaking of words...

A few weeks ago London asked me how to pronounce the word "honest-hearted".
I repeated it to him several times and he repeated it back to me correctly.

We've encouraged him to write out the sounds he hears when he comes upon a word he doesn't know well, so after he understood the sound that "honest-hearted" made he jotted something down on a slip of paper.
He showed me the slip of paper.

This is what he had written:
On-A-Started.

Brilliant!

I will never look at that word the same way again.
B

You can see the rest of the session here under "Seth Starkey".

4 comments:

WSMIL said...

Thank you, you are always the best start to my day!

LaVena said...

Great pictures by the tree. Those in particular are my favorite.

Kristi said...

I quanify I like these a lot! Good job!

giggles said...

wow he look like my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .