link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I am a connoisseur | Priester Photography

I am a connoisseur


of tea.

This does not mean that I drink various types of tea, nor does it mean that I could even name various types of tea other than Earl Grey and Green.
I'm not a tea snob.

I just know how I like my tea.

Here are the specifications:
Rule #1--It must be cold.
If I want a hot beverage it will be chocolate.
Not tea. Ever.
Rule #2--It must be sweetened.
Just slightly.
I think the perfect amount is a little over a quarter cup of sugar for a whole pitcher.
Rule #3--It cannot, under any circumstances, have lemon in it.
Ever.

Lemon is for ade or meringue, not tea.

It only makes tea taste wonky.
Rule #4--It must be fresh.
As in, made that day, not that week.

In no circumstances is it allowed to sit on the counter overnight and be consumed the following day.

That's disgusting and makes it taste like it has lemon in it (see rule number three).
Rule #5--It must have ice in it (see rule number one).
A nearly full glass of ice is preferred but at least three cubes is required.

I want to hear the ice clink around when I move my glass.
Rule #6--It must be in a glass glass, not plastic.
I prefer a real Mason jar, but a knock-off is acceptable, as is an actual glass.

Plastic glasses sound funny when I drink out of them and I don't like the way it feels if my teeth hit the plastic while I'm taking a drink.
Rule #7--If I'm on the go the tea must be in a styrofoam cup, not paper.
Paper cups drip all over me and they squish to easily.

Styrofoam doesn't drip or squish and I can make designs in it with my fingernail.

...

And that's it!

Only seven steps to the perfect glass of tea.
I hope you were paying attention.

There will be a test.
B

You can see the rest of the wedding images here under "Bingham/Burns Wedding" but I highly recommend viewing the video (above) first.

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

We made a tea discovery of our own this weekend, to add to your rules. If London has his in a large glass (because we don't have any mason jars) he has to take off his glasses to drink it:) Because the glass comes up to his eyes making glasses and glass incompatible. We laughed really hard, and switched him to a short glass;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure whether that makes you a connoisseur or just anal about the way you like your tea!

Kristi said...

And it needs to be strong. No weak tea. Yuck!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .