link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Define "stealing". | Priester Photography

Define "stealing".

My mom, sister and I (along with four children) went for a walk last week in our small(-ish) town.

My sister has a new baby, but since she wasn't planning on walking she didn't bring a stroller.
None of us felt like carrying a chubby baby for thirty minutes so we decided we could take the wagon to pull her in.

The problem was the wagon is LOUD.  You can hardly hear over it to talk (which is half the point of a walk) and it's also hard to steer.
I realized that we would be but a block from the home of a friend of ours who babysits her granddaughter nearly everyday.  I figured she had a stroller we could borrow for thirty minutes.

So I called her.

I didn't get an anwer.

So we loaded up the loud wagon and away we went.
We parked a block from the friends house and I noticed her car wasn't in the drive way.

But guess what was?!

Her stroller!

Slim slam!

Against my sister's advice I decided to take the stroller and leave the wagon.
So I did.

I had sticky notes in my emergency kit in the car (yes, sticky notes are an emergency item), so I wrote this:

"Took stroller.  Be back in 30."

I signed it, stuck in on the door and took off up the street with the stroller in tow.
I did wonder what the neighbors would think should they be looking out the window at that moment, but I figured that since I left a perfectly good wagon and a sticky note I probably didn't look too criminal.

At least I hoped.

I didn't want to end up in the plate factory just for going on a walk.

I walked confidently to avoid arousing suspicion just in case.
We finished our little walk with the somewhat criminal activity giving us something to laugh and talk about for the first ten minutes.
I put the stroller in the same spot, removed the sticky note and walked back up the street with nary a problem.

She never even knew we took the stroller.

Mission accomplished.
Coincedentally I saw this friend a few days later, also on a walk.

I pulled over and said, "Hey!  I tried calling you the other day.  I wanted to borrow your stroller but you weren't home so we just took it and left a note."

As I was admitting my crime I gestured toward her house.
She said, "Well, that's fine but I don't live there anymore."

*Gasp!*

And that, dear friends, is why you don't take someone's stroller from their driveway without asking.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Taylor Pogue Maternity".







PS--Her daughter lives there now, so no harm no foul.  I left that part out for dramatic effect and to drive home the point.

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

Always walk confidently and you can get away with just about anything:)

Ashes of Abdication said...

haha i was laughing so hard until i saw it was just her daughters house... still funny though! I would have freaked if it was jus some strangers house though!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .