link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Tuck and Clang | Priester Photography

Tuck and Clang

I have discovered a generation gap not related to electronics.
 This one involves the tucking in of one's shirt into one's jeans.
 It is not a complex procedure.
 Most children can do it on their own.
 But it seems that only men above the age of 50 will openly and unabashedly perform this procedure while in public.
 They will unzip/unbutton their jeans, arrange their shirt, tuck it in and zip/button back up most likely all the while carrying on a conversation with you though on rare occurrences they will briefly turn their back to you during the "adjustment".
 If you laugh at them after this all takes place they will look at you with confused eyes and say, "What?  I'm covered."
 I know this because I have witnessed it on many occasions...
 and the question was also raised on a men's lifestyle website, so I'm not the only one who's noticed.

(Really, you can find anything on the internet.)
 This raises questions...
 When and why were these men taught that this was acceptable or better yet, when and why did it become unacceptable?
 Women adjust bra straps and pantyhose in public, so why should shirt tucking raise eyebrows? 

Is this a geographical issue?  Missouri equals in public shirt tucking while Wisconsin is an in private shirt tucker area?
 Has anyone else noticed this taking place with 50-something gentlemen acquaintances?

Or gentlemen acquaintances of any other age?

I'm conducting a survey.

I need answers!
 The only solution I can see to the problem is that they wear overalls...or a onesie.
 The problem with the overalls is that when you wash them and put them in the dryer they clang, clang, clang all night long keeping people awake.
I think the problem with the onesie idea is pretty self-evident.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "AuBuchon/Christian Family".

Up next:  Armes

5 comments:

WSMIL said...

Being raised around boys I'm totally used to them doing things like this all the time without thinking about it. For example the time one of them had button fly jeans and the bottom one was unbuttoned and in the middle of the pizza place he unbuttoned all of them and rebuttoned. (and he is under 50) I'm with you that I don't see the diff between women adjusting bra straps and men retucking. However, I'm against what I saw Saturday, we were driving down 67 heading south, and a man in the north bound lane hopped out of his car and ran up the side of the hill and stood faceing the overpass and decided that was a good place to unburden himself. Yes you could not see him if you were heading north but what about all of us heading south! I'm sorry if that wasn't helpful and I will continue to search for answers on your behalf:)

SandraSkiles said...

Onesie...haha funny.

camera man said...

At first I was offended at your singling out my age group, but then I realized that is ok we are the only group you won't find on people of Walmart.com so we must look ok even if occasionally we have to retuck to look good.

Unknown said...

My husband does the "cool" back tucked in
front untucked. I guess he is over halfway to
50. And so are his shirt tucking habits.
I think it's ok to adjust your shirt in public,
as long as that's the only thing they are adjusting!

Derek A said...

I have a leather onesie. It's okay though, cause it makes me look more manly. Only when paired with a motorcycle though. Take away the motorcycle and put me in a gas station buying a sandwich in a leather "onesie", not so manly looking.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .