link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Chapstick | Priester Photography

Chapstick


I just bought some chapstick.
It's so cute and looks like this except it's yellow.
It smells like lemon and it's round.
It makes a little clicking noise when you shut it.
It also has a little dent in the side of the container for your thumb to go while you unscrew it.
The combination of the clicking noise, the fact that it's round and the dent in the side make it a stress ball/chapstick for me.
I just carry it around clicking it and rolling it around in my palm until the need for chapstick arises.
Did you know that you can become addicted to chapstick?
I googled it because I thought I'd heard this to be the case and I wanted to see what the interwebs had to say.

One doctor said this:
"Chapstick isn't addictive, but putting any moisturizer on lips tends to be habit-forming."
"Lips are very psychologically-sensitive areas.  Just thinking about them makes them feel dry."  
And then he went on to make my day by saying this:
"Whenever a patient complains of dry lips, I have to force myself not to lick them while they're talking."

I have no idea why this is so funny to me but I just can't stop laughing about it.

I'm assuming that he means he has to force himself not to lick his lips while they're talking but I guess he could really mean that he has to force himself not to lick his patients.

Giggle.
Also, did you know that your lips were psychologically-sensitive?

Mine might need to see a shrink.
B

You can see the rest of this senior session here under "Shawn".

Up next:  Newborn



2 comments:

SandraSkiles said...

I have been addicted to Chapstick before. It happens. And how do you carry that odd little chapstick in your pocket???

WSMIL said...

Love these pictures, but now I have to go lick my lips and then add chapstick, that is after I recover from the image of the Doctor leaning down and licking a patient's lips, it is to funny!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .