link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Clear! | Priester Photography

Clear!

de·fi·bril·la·tor noun \(ˌ)dē-ˈfi-brə-ˌlā-tər\    :an electrical device used to counteract fibrillation of the heart muscle and restore normal heartbeat by applying a brief electric shock.
 I think that's a very fitting description of this band that's aptly named The Defibulators.

 After this show I felt reved up, geared up, and more alive.
I would assume it was much like someone must feel after being defibrillated.
(I, thankfully, have never had to experience this myself, so all one can do is assume.)

As cheesy as it sounds, I have fallen in love with this band.

My favorite (sorry guys) was the sole female vocalist.
She sang as if she were making love to her music.
 Wait a second.

Probably not the kind of love makin' you're thinkin'.

 It was more like a courtship.

She took her song on a date, whispered sweet nothings in its ear and softly caressed it.
 It seemed that she put her whole self into that music and out from somewhere came this amazing voice.
I don't know where she keeps it in that tiny little body.
And this voice isn't like one you hear everyday.
It sounds like it came from the past.
 It reminds me of something but I just can't put my finger on it.
 You'll have to figure it out for yourself I guess.

 Another great thing about this band:

They had a microphone that made it sound as if they were singing through a CB radio.

 I didn't know such a thing existed and I need one.

 Now.

So I can walk around the house yelling at my kids in a CB voice.

 (Remember I have no musical knowledge...really. Don't judge me.)

 The lead (male) singer used one of his mic stands as a gear shift and held that CB microphone in such a way that for a split second I could have sworn that I was in a big rig headed down I-44.

And then he sang himself right out into the audience and onto a table.
I would like to take this moment to apologize to Mr. Bass player (I think it's called a Bass) for not getting a shot of him contributing to the awesomeness of this band but the lighting was awful on him and I couldn't make it work.

He should stand in front next time.

Here's one song from their performance just so you can get an idea of the energy they bring and see the awesome CB radio microphone thingy that I need to have in my posession.

My favorite song is here.

Listen to it and tell me what I'm hearing that I can't put my finger on.

Thank you Bauhaus Kaffee and Tim for introducing me to them.

I regret that it's taken me so long to blog about them so that you can fall in love with them too.

Up next:  Teachers

6 comments:

SandraSkiles said...

Love it. I love live music. I would love to go there someday...

SandraSkiles said...

BTW...that favorite song of yours is awesome too. It just has that good time old country feeling to it. Her voice is very unique and beautiful.

Unknown said...

I had the same feelings as Sandra. Please let me know next time they are playing! I was thinking maybe Loretta Lynn a little bit. Great pics by the way!!

Anonymous said...

She's awesome!
Erin

Anonymous said...

I'm also thinkin Loretta Lynn a little with a cross of Jewel.

Bell Lee Button said...

Wow, it's great to hear such pure talent (LIVE) because what they are putting out today isn't half as good. B, you need to take a look at Meaghan Smith shes one of my fav artists she has a very similar sound as the girl in that band. My fav she does is A Little Love, its soooo cute!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .