link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Dance Partner | Priester Photography

Dance Partner



When I was a freshman, Mr. Stockmann (the father in these shots) was a senior.

 We had gym class together.
 In this particular gym class we were required to take square dancing lessons.

Yes, square dancing.

It's where I live.

It can't be explained.

Do other schools teach square dancing in p.e.?

Just curious.
 Anyway, Mr. Stockmann was my dance partner.

I was a very awkward freshman.
I remember freaking out internally because I was going to have to touch his arm while we did the do-si-do and promenade.

I was also freaking out internally because I realized that there was no way on God's green earth that one could execute a square dance while maintaining any degree of "coolness".

So I did what I usually do in such circumstances...throw my dignity out the window and make a complete, uncoordinated, graceless fool of myself.

(Though I'm sure my gym teacher was a good one, I'll have to give credit to remembering square dancing terminology to the movie Son-In-Law.)
When I was a freshman I looked like this.

I'm sorry Mr. Stockmann.

I hope I didn't cut you with my bangs.
B

You can see the rest of the session here under "Stockman Family".

Up next: A senior (for real this time)

5 comments:

Señor Taco said...

(in the voice of Napoleon) I like your hair, it's real big.

Anonymous said...

I also came from an area where we did square dancing in gym class. And I agree with Señor Taco,nice hair.

Unknown said...

My school also taught square dancing in P.E. Speaking of square, nice picture!
You've aged like a fine wine girlie. ; )

WSMIL said...

At least you had boys in your square dancing class, in my PE I would have been your Mr. Stockman (again sorry to Mr. Stockman:)

Wow who new over 30 was definitely the better look! High schoolers aren't near as smart as they (i.e. we) thought we were.

GMaP said...

Square Dancing must be great exercise if it has been used in PE for as long as it has, (not saying I'm old:) since I had it in school.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .