link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> The Smell of Memories | Priester Photography

The Smell of Memories

I had decided that since my last post sounded poetic (because the majority of it was a quote from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice) I would regal you with my masterful works of poetry from my younger days.
That was sarcasm in case you missed it.
While I did write poetry quite a bit when I was a teenager, they were neither masterful works nor regal worthy.

You'll see what I mean when I actually get to publishing one for you.
I was distracted by something else that I felt was "blog worthy" while I was digging out my old poetic papers, so alas, the unmasterful works must wait.
I have a box.

It is full of junk.

Junk that reminds me of things that have happened in my life.
It's a blue file box with a lock that I don't think has ever been locked.
In black magic marker across the front it says this:
My life, as dull and uninteresting as it may be, does have it's moments of happiness and extremely weird situations and circumstances.  These memories of both good and bad times are close to my heart and remembered and treasured by recalling and reviewing the contents within this box.

One set of memories that this box doesn't contain is the most important and truly loved thing in my life, my boyfriend, fiance, husband, (spaces for additional titles in the future), Matthew Priester has given me many loving memories of which are kept in another suitable spot.

It is my request that this box not be opened or messed with unless with my permittion.
Yes, I spelled permission, "permittion".

I was 16 and apparently delusional.
When I opened the box to hunt for my poetic masterpieces a smell wafted forth.
It smelled like school books, newspaper clippings, love letters and mixed tapes.

It was a good smell.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Elder/Boren Family".

Up next:  Dulaney Family

5 comments:

SandraSkiles said...

I love memory smells. They're the best.

M-a-licious said...

You need to add Baby Daddy to the list of Matt's titles.

WSMIL said...

I have a memory smell but unfortunately my mom lost the recipe and it can never be recreated:(
Better for my waist line though:)

Bell Lee Button said...

Awww....love letters....how cute. You need to post one just for me to see! Hehe. JK.

Anonymous said...

Memories are great! I have a sign that says "Memories hide in every corner of my house and I take great delight every time I stumble across one." That is why we need your pictures. So get busy!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .