link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Rear View Mirror | Priester Photography

Rear View Mirror

This is the view I had today in my rear view mirror.

Aaaaw. My cutie patooties.

Dont' worry. No kids were harmed during the taking of this picture. I pulled the car over and put it in park.
I rented the Canon 17-55mm 2.8 for a wedding I'm shooting this weekend. I WANT THIS LENS! I can't afford this lens. But I WANT IT!

I'm very needy.

This is Merna with the aforementioned lens. Ain't she a perty thang?
I LOVE this picture! As I mentioned in a previous post Summer is NOT a poser. But I happened to get this today while Mariah was making her laugh. I love catching a genuine smile. It makes me happy.

And look! Another genuine smile.

I don't think I've posted Mercede on here yet. Maybe she's in the bubble blowing post. She likes to pose for me, but she gets all stiff when I point the camera at her. So I was very happy to get a genuine smile/laugh out of her too.


Oh. Look at that wonderful blowing hair. I love to catch some motion in a picture.


That makes me happy too.
Oooooh. Look at that creamy *bokeh. Mmmmm. Delicious.

Did I mention that I want this lens?
B


*For those of you not aquainted with photography lingo, "bokeh" is the blurry part of the image. The part that's out of focus. Different lenses create different bokeh. Some have real hard edges on the little circles of light (which can be distracting) and this lens has "creamy" bokeh. Me likey.



5 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome pics. I love the rearview mirror one. So creative! I had no idea the blurriness had a name. I've tried to create that on photoshop for pics for my website, to no avail. I didn't know it was a special lens. Thus the reason I couldn't make it happen :)

B said...

Heather...
You don't have to have a special lens for bokeh, it just helps. If you have a shallow depth of field (i.e. 2.8 or 1.4) you'll have bokeh. The better lenses just make "creamier" bokeh.
B

Heather said...

B...

I'm sorry but I don't know what depth of field is or how to achieve it. I remember pretty much nothing from the class I took years ago. I think the camera I have is not a good one for taking anything other than snapshots. It's just a point and shoot. There isn't much you can adjust on it except zoom. I would love to get a camera that can do more, that can use different lenses and filters. I have no idea where to start though. Do you know of any pretty inexpensive digital cameras that are good?

LaVena said...

Friends of ours, the Espanoza's took a class on digital cameras, after the first one they invested in a great Nikon. I am so jealous. One day!

Anonymous said...

Rearveiw mirror was pretty cool. Your mind works in a strange way.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .