link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Work hazards... | Priester Photography

Work hazards...

Directly after shooting this wedding I experienced the following...
zero range of motion in my wrist due to stabbing pain...

(*Side note--The above picture is before the wedding.  They didn't want to see each other...I wanted a picture...so we pushed them into a room back to back and Viola!*)
the loss of ability to straighten my arm due to stabbing pain in my elbow...
a burning sensation on the soles of my feet followed by numbness in several toes...
an aching back and sore quads...
and extreme fatique and eyelids that felt as if someone was holding a match to them.
I'm not telling you this because I don't like to shoot weddings, or because I want sympathy.
I'm telling you simply because I felt like complaining and I felt that you could handle hearing it.

Besides, I think the public should be notified of the fact that wedding photography isn't as easy as it may seem.  It's actually quite physically challenging (at least for the slightly overweight, out of shape photographer).

In summary...

I'm tired

and I'm sore

but it was worth it.
B

Up next...not necessarily in this order: 
Maternity session sneak peeks that you will NOT want to miss,
more wedding sneak peeks,
a half dressed cowboy,
and the wrap up of all three of the above sessions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me at "Half Dressed Cowboy"!

WSMIL said...

One of my new favorite things about this blog is that I'm not the only one with these odd thoughts (or I'm not as orginal as my parents told me I was;). Yes the half dressed cowboy peeked my interest as well. Come on anonymous you don't have to be bashful about it:) I can't fix any of the aches and pains, but if your eyes were troubling you I would gladly deliver artifical tears anytime day or night:) But your suffering was obviously worth it, these are GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these pics...and cant wait to see the rest of the wedding pics...you are an awesome photographer :)

~chelsey (the bride)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .