link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I was on the drive home... | Priester Photography

I was on the drive home...

and this is what the sky looked like.

I had just finished the shoot at Bauhaus Kaffee from the previous post and was all by my little lonesome.  I still had my camera out on the seat next to me and it was on, so when I pulled up to the red light I stopped, aimed, and then fired as soon as it turned green.

That shot made me happy (despite the weird looks I got).
As I trekked down Highway 67, homeward bound, I wanted to pull over to get some better shots but I was hungry and I had to pee.
When I looked in my side mirror and saw this, I new I had to take it.
Notice**Please do not freak out.**

I was on a straight stretch. 

I slowed down to 50mph.

I didn't look through the viewfinder.

I just picked up the camera, pointed it at the mirror, and pushed the button.

I didn't even look at the images until I was home.

I would really hate to get arrested for shooting while driving (I mean, who would feed my kids day old doughnuts and popcorn breakfasts and not clean my house?), so I looked it up before I made this post and apparently it's not illegal.

In fact, unless I was under 21 it's not even illegal for me to text while driving.  I think I could manuever holding a camera and pushing one button much more successfully while driving than I could manuever pushing teeny tiny little buttons on my phone to spell out words in a conceivable manner while driving.

But that's just me.

I think I'm safe from a life in the brigs...at any rate if I end up in the brigs it won't be due to shooting while driving (according to Missouri legislature).

In my research I stumbled across this site which features the amazing work of a photographer that strapped a camera to his car and took pictures while driving 50-70 mph.  This was in the late 80's through the 90's which makes it all the more compelling.
I love that kind of stuff...it raises so many questions about the people and where they're going...not to mention where they might be now or where they've been.
I'm intrigued.
B

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

I hope it isn't illegal in any state since your FNL does it all the time while we are on vacation. Roll down window point and shoot:) But he doesn't text and drive, come to think of it he doesn't text at all;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .