link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Dog slobber. | Priester Photography

Dog slobber.

Proven fact:  It is not as cute as baby slobber.
I wonder why that is.

Not really.  It's mostly obvious.  Isn't it?
I would like you to note that this is not my dog.  In fact, I don't own a dog.  I don't really even like dogs.

Ack!  Did I just say that out loud?

Let me clarify:  I like dogs if I don't have to care for them.  I have three kids and a husband...I do not need anything else relying on me to feed it or bathe it or nurture it.

I've been told I'm not a nurturer.
I do like the idea of having a dog...especially for my kids...to play with them in the yard, sleep at the foot of their bed, protect them from wild animals in the woods, and run for help if Timmy falls in the well. 
Wait. I have neither an open well nor a child named Timmy, but you get the point.
Besides, they say a dog will be a direct reflection of its owner and I don't think I need to subject the world to the likes of a dog like that.
I have recently discovered via the wonderful world of the wide web that my Auntie does very well with the canine variety...in fact she excels at it.
She makes the cutest collars for dogs (as opposed to collars for children ??).
The best part is that she makes them from recycled clothing from animal shelter thrift stores so the money goes back into helping feed and care for more dogs.
And really....according to this pair of jeans...she's performing a public service by keeping horrendous things like this off the bodies of people on the streets.  (Sorry if you were the previous owner of these jeans, but what were you thinking?!!)

She can also take this:
and turn it into this:
I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty amazing.

Though still not as amazing (in my opinion) as the drawings she does...
For. Real.

These things are beautiful and talk about detail!  Look at his eye!

She makes her drawings into notecards that are available for purchase.

You can buy them from her new website here.

Or you can see more of her creations in the process on the Cooper's Collars Facebook page here.

I would totally be snagging me some of her collars if it weren't for that one little glitch...

you know...the fact that I don't own a dog.
B

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

Just for the record, slobber is not cute I don't care where it is coming from:)

M-a-licious said...

Her drawing is absolutely amazing! i wish I could draw well, not even well. I'd be satisfied with, "Hey, I can tell what that is!"

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .